Egg and grapefruit diet - anyone tried it?

:hihi: :hihi:

Open to new ideas I tried your 'miracle' solution and cut out salt. I decided to eat nothing but lard morning, noon and night. I estimated my calorie intake to be in excess of 25,000 calories a day but ensured the no salt doctrine was ahered to. I am now bed bound and am having to have the gable end taken out by the fire brigade in order to undertake the simple task of visiting the dentist. I must go now as the low loader has arrived, the crane is ready and i've got to disconnect my defacant bag.

Thanks for nothing. :D

o sorry salster got a bit confused with that post, thought the bold bit was written by you.

i still stick by how absurd i find it thatsome people do really think that their weight is not linked with how much food they eat and how much exercise they do

o sorry salster got a bit confused with that post, thought the bold bit was written by you.

i still stick by how absurd i find it thatsome people do really think that their weight is not linked with how much food they eat and how much exercise they do

indeed so do i, i know some of them and yes they live by the only had a cracker for lunch etc, whereas im completely honest and know why im fat

But back to the thread - i dont think that grapefuit and egg sound all that healthy, it maybe ok for a couple of weeks to get started but after that i might be needing to chew my own arm off :hihi: :hihi:

:clap: :clap: The egg and grapefruit diet WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have lost 5lb since Saturday on this diet which is actually more than I was planning to lose but I am absolutely over the moon with the results. It's not really a difficult diet to follow and isn't unhealthy. If you want to lose weight I can't recommend this diet enough. :thumbsup:

I too have done the egg and grapefruit diet and lost 2 stones!!! I've tried and failed on so many other diets but this one really works. I'd recommend to ANYONE trying to lose weight:)

someone Pm me it please!... i need to try something different,

Ive lost weight by being sensible before, now 2 years on its slowly creeping back on me and i cant seem to shift it! HELP!

I did it for two days (Tues/Wednesday)

I failed today as I paid the cashier at the filling station, the Real McCoys beckoned me to pick them up. I brought them home and blissfully destroyed them with my digestive system.

I may resume when I can assure my temptation will remain at bay.

someone Pm me it please!... i need to try something different,

Ive lost weight by being sensible before, now 2 years on its slowly creeping back on me and i cant seem to shift it! HELP!

Here it is!

DAY 1

Breakfast

1/2 grapefriut

1 cup of back coffee (no sugar)

Lunch

1/2 grapefruit

1 egg

1 slice of melba toast

Dinner

2 eggs

1 tomato

1/2 head lettuce

1/2 grapefruit

Tea (no milk or sugar)

DAY 2

Breakfast

1/2 grapefruit

1 cup of black coffee (no sugar)

Lunch

1 egg

1 slice of melba toast

1 grapefruit

Dinner

Poached egg

1/2 head lettuce

1 tomato

1/2 grapefruit

DAY 3

Breakfast

1/2 grapefruit

Lunch

1/2 grapefruit

1 egg

1 slice of melba toast

Dinner

1/2 grapefruit

Fried egg

1/2 head lettuce

Tea or black coffee

DAY 4

Breakfast

1/2 grapefruit

Lunch

1/2 grapefruit

Small carton of cottage cheese

1 slice of melba toast

1 tomato

Dinner

1/2 grapefruit

Poached egg

Watercress or lettuce

DAY 5

Breakfast

1/2 grapefruit

Lunch

1 grapefruit

2 eggs

1/2 head of lettuce

Tea

Dinner

1/2 grapefruit

2 eggs

lettuce and tomato

tea

DAY 6

Breakfast

1/2 grapefruit

Lunch

1 grapefruit

1 egg

Tea

Dinner

1 poached egg

1 slice of melba toast

1 grapefruit

Tea

DAY 7

Breakfast

1/2 grapefruit

Lunch

1/2 grapefruit

2 eggs

lettuce and tomato

Tea

Dinner

2 boiled eggs

lettuce and tomato

Tea or coffee

You can use vinegar or oil on salad if you want to and the eggs are boiled unless it says. Enjoy and good luck:)

god, im too greedy to live off just that!!

think ill attempt the gym! thanks anyway

and goodluck!

Its very low cal - looks about 500ish cals a day - good luck if thats for you, but personally i would be near ready to chew my own arm off by tea time :thumbsup:

god, im too greedy to live off just that!!

think ill attempt the gym! thanks anyway

and goodluck!

It's actually really easy after the first day - give it try, it's well worth it and fat just falls off. I lost the first stone in just over a fortnight. It's the only diet that has ever worked for me and it's not nearly as bad as it sounds. GO FOR IT AND GOOD LUCK :thumbsup:

I could probably follow this:

http://www.weightlossbible.org/Grapefruit-Diet.html

As there is much more choice...

The only place where I'd struggle is at night time cos I like to have wholemeal toast and marmalade after I finish work (11pm) which I know is incredibly naughty (Late night eating + carbs) but hey ho ya gotta live a little and I havent had any tea either cos I've been working!

But yeah, diet starts monday! :D (Dont they always!)