How long does hair take to grow?

My hair is shoulder length now and I hate it! I want it long, about 4 or 5 inches longer.

But it is taking forever! I have my hair cut about every 8 weeks, and only have about an inch trimmed off each time so why is it taking so long!

I also want to grow my layers out too cos it makes it feel fluffy!

So, on average, how long does it take to grow?

My personal hairdresser, Paul.. Once told me.. If you wanna grow your hair then do it, no good cutting the ends just to wait for it to grow then get it sorted.. u say u go every 8 weeks, theres no need.. Thats why it aint growing! :hihi:

yeah thats true, how lucky we are - it sounds painfull! :hihi:

:hihi: you cant feel it!

Well like I said, I only have a tiny bit off. And it'd be all tatty if I just left it :o

You're advised to have your hair cut every six weeks, my hair dresser gets mad when I leave it any longer :hihi:

You're advised to have your hair cut every six weeks, my hair dresser gets mad when I leave it any longer :hihi:

Joking aside, ofcourse your hairdresser gets mad when you leave it longer... They know as well as you do that you wouldnt turn into the hairbear bunch if you left it say another month... They just want the £££!

:hihi: you cant feel it!

Well like I said, I only have a tiny bit off. And it'd be all tatty if I just left it :o

:) i know its not painfull, just sounds painfull, cant you just tie the split ends up? or glue maybe? :)

Joking aside, ofcourse your hairdresser gets mad when you leave it longer... They know as well as you do that you wouldnt turn into the hairbear bunch if you left it say another month... They just want the £££!

Thats probably true!

Shall I see how long I can leave it before having it cut then? We should have a bet how long I can last :hihi:

Well I had it done on 2 August the last time, so I'll try and wait until say.... November/December?

Ooh what a challenge!

My hair grows from being totaly shaved off to about a #1 length (about 1cm) in a week, my beard grows at the same speed. It's bloody anoying. And why doesn't the hair on your head grow to a certain length then stop, like other hair on your body does ?