The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

The terms and conditions were never intended to appear "dodgy." The site is fairly new, and is run in south yorkshire predominantly. I agree that the terms could be re written better in the section of ceasing trading. Therefore the terms have been updated, to include full refunds of advanced subscriptions, and subscriptions cannot be advanced more than one month, so to lessen the risk.

£5.00 owing is better than £60.00 (12 months).

Any changes will be communicated in advance.

Subscriptions cannot be increased during subscription. And will always remain low.

This is not a rip off site it is genuine and honest. any concerns can be addressed easily upon contact.

The terms and conditions were never intended to appear "dodgy." The site is fairly new, and is run in south yorkshire predominantly. I agree that the terms could be re written better in the section of ceasing trading. Therefore the terms have been updated, to include full refunds of advanced subscriptions, and subscriptions cannot be advanced more than one month, so to lessen the risk.

£5.00 owing is better than £60.00 (12 months).

Any changes will be communicated in advance.

Subscriptions cannot be increased during subscription. And will always remain low.

This is not a rip off site it is genuine and honest. any concerns can be addressed easily upon contact.

Thank you for the reply. I would never say any site is a rip-off without evidence/experience, I was just highlighting some of the terminology which would prevent me personally from entering into any agreement. Hope it goes well for you :)

thanks corgisman for the good wishes. I welcome your comments regarding our site, and would welcome any more. As soon as issues are raised like that they will be resolved or at least explained.

Sorry you were put off. Maybe in the future you will come to trust us.

Regards,

Steve

Iv got a Baxi, duo tec, combi, 24 HE.

Its showing error code E168.

The hot water works fine but when the central heating goes on this error could show instantly or in an hour its very incansistant.

Iv changed the diverter valve and this hasnt helped.

I need someone with experiance of falt finding on these boilers to tell me exactly what the problem is and quote me for the fix.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

hi, do you still have the manual for this as all the fault codes should be listed in the back of it. We can come out and do fault finding on your boiler and then give you a quote.

Cheers Jon

hi, do you still have the manual for this as all the fault codes should be listed in the back of it. We can come out and do fault finding on your boiler and then give you a quote.

Cheers Jon

Hi Guys.

If i remember correctly, E168 is an internal diagnostic code. BG trick here. Switch the boiler off a fuse spur and leave it for 5 mins. then turn on boiler again. It may just reset the pcb.

If the code comes up again then prob is either with ignitior or pcb. In 90% time its the pcb.

andy

Hi all,

Is anyone interested in coming and drilling two large holes in my house?

I have a tumble dryer kit (100mm) and an external air vent (127 mm) to fit. I'm happy with fitting the kits but the big holes are a little bit daunting! Before I make a trip down to the hire shop for a core drill set (HSS probably) I thought I'd ask here to see if there's any interest.

Please let me know by PM if you are interested with a rough idea of price for the two holes.

Thanks in advance!

Iv got a Baxi, duo tec, combi, 24 HE.

Its showing error code E168.

The hot water works fine but when the central heating goes on this error could show instantly or in an hour its very incansistant.

Iv changed the diverter valve and this hasnt helped.

I need someone with experiance of falt finding on these boilers to tell me exactly what the problem is and quote me for the fix.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

E168 is a very very generic code on the baxi duo tec it can mean many things from diverter valve right through to the pacb or pcb harness let me know if you need a hand ....

Absolutely not. Agreed alot of sites charge them a percentage of the price.

But quotemywork does not. it charges a trader just £5.00 per month to quote as many jobs as they want. so there is nothing to pass on to the customer.

Thats why this site beats them all.

still making money for nothing and causing hard up trades men to blind quote for work thus more un happy customers and the cowboy tradesman circle never ends leaving us all tarred and feathered with the same brush

still making money for nothing and causing hard up trades men to blind quote for work thus more un happy customers and the cowboy tradesman circle never ends leaving us all tarred and feathered with the same brush

Couldn't agree more Micky. Nothing good has ever come out of sites like this. It encourages corner cutting cowboys.

Hi All, it is me again with my ferroli combi boiler problems. After Ferroli engineer came out today he gave us warning notice TO NOT USE THE BOILER AS IT IS AT HIGH RISK. Apparently the contractors who initially fitted in the boiler have use the wrong gas pipe which is causing carbon dioxide to build up and the constant bangs we had to cope with for over a year every single night and day was the result of the pressure building up. Eventually the boiler could not cope with the pressure and hot water stopped.

The outcome of the report is as follows "Gas working pressure low at Boiler 16.5 at meter it is 20" if that makes any sense! another note says "gas pipework needs to be upgraded to allow 20mbar at the boiler with other appliances working". I do understand this is an extensive work to be done, so I wonder if anyone is willing to do this work and give me a quote on how much this could cost! Many thanks

Happy to view the job and assess the new gas run and give you a written quote, regards, Steve

Hi give us a call and we can come give you a free quote cheers jon.