Pyebank School, Pitsmoor

Charlie would be about 57 years old now, I know he had a younger brother who lost a leg, late 50's early 60's. I can't recall his name, or the circumstances, for the loss of his leg. If I recall correctly they lived on Neville St. untill the area was redeveloped.

i used to goto pyebank school with my brother raymond . and we lived on neville street and my dad owned 17 houses , and under compulsary purchase he got £10 per house lol so generous of sheffield council dont you think lol.

i used to goto pyebank school with my brother raymond . and we lived on neville street and my dad owned 17 houses , and under compulsary purchase he got £10 per house lol so generous of sheffield council dont you think lol.

Hi Spanner 1954.

Is your second name something like Jarvis? Time plays tricks with the grey cells.

Hi Spanner 1954.

Is your second name something like Jarvis? Time plays tricks with the grey cells.

nope its not jarvis but jarman and ya was close enough

nope its not jarvis but jarman and ya was close enough

Hello spanner1954,

How old is your brother Raymond? I am sure I know him from Pye Bank school

Hi..Yes, you were a bit younger? other names from "my friend" from Pye Bank and around -Malcolm Baines -mentioned already..Glenn and Ruth Bottomley from the paper shop... Jean Street, Rita Hobson, Stuart Lyles, Ken Taylor - Nottingham Street - your brothers ! Robinson brothers, "Uncle Harold" who lived in "our" yard..one of your brothers may remember a boy who was tragically killed when he was 8....that was my brother. Cissie and Percy Langley are buried in Shiregreen cemetary near my relatives. I have a photo of the Coronation party we had..David Langley is on it, Keith Pass... John and Ann Boyle... etc.

Hi,

In you list of names, you mentioned a Stuart Lyles. Did he live up Thistle Street on the left hand side, No.17 I think.

If so he had a brother Terry who is my age and a younger sister Christine. My Grand parents lived at No.15 and after they passed on, my mother took the house over. She lived there until everthing was cleared.

Small world

Regards

Edited by Falls

was anyone on here from neville street? and can they remember some of the streets characters , lol i can still remember carmalita throwing the pig bin(full) through her next doors living room window to settle an argument !! and joe who used to play the bugle to wake us all up at 5-30am and the threats shouted at him that he would walk funny if he blew it one more time as they would shove it up his a**e. yes life was so good then but now just happy memories.

Iwas at pye bank from 55 to 62 a few names that come to mind are BRIAN AGUS(agi),BARRY SMITH(whiffer),CARL WILKINSON(winks), PAUL SHORT, ARNOLD DONSTON, AND KEITH SCHOFIELD.Mr COOKE was the head master at the time,and the teacher that stood out for me was Mr JENKINSON and his inch thick cane, I had that on a few occasions, but he was a nice bloke get him talking about WW2 and that was it for the rest of the lesson. I didnt move out of pitsmoor till i was ninteen, having married a local girl. I was born on oborne st bang opposite the old wembly,then moved to the top of the road on to marcus st, then over to brunswick rd,and lastly grey st.across from the school. Does anyone remember these names,KEITH,LYNE and SUE KIRK,TERRYand DOREEN SCOTT,DEREKand MICK BROWN, ALAN CRUMP,RICHARD and MARK JONES,STEVEN SCERONE(BONEO),KEN and KEITH THORPE,DAVE and PATRICK LENNON,(babs),DAVE SIDEBOTTOM, SANDRA KENNY.

HI

To all pitsmoor expats I have just picked up on this site and find it amazing that so many people remember pitsmoor with great fondness as so do I,I used to go to PYEBANK school in the 50s/60s with Barry Smith .Paul Short .Dave Bratton Kieth Schofield ,but not kept in touch with any of them since I moved to s8 .I lived on FOX Street from 1951 till 1974 when I moved to S8, I've recently been down pitsmoor and was surprised to see that a lot of the new/old houses have been knocked down and it reminds me of how it looked back in the late 1950s just prior to them building the miasonetts and upsidedown houses .It would be good to hear some moor about the old family's that lived there.Does anyone remember the Bellshaws or Caldwell's or Gasscoin's or Frettwell's or Spooner's that lived on fox street:thumbsup Arnie,D

I was Ted Robinsons best mate and paul blades hung with us, also remember pete summers and his girlfriend elaine. Steven Siddall was Pauls best mate do you remember him? also the Whites philip terrance and i think paul,they lived on the corner of fox st, and nottiingham st.But i dont remember anyone alled quentin or farrell

Ted Robinson had a lot of best mates as so was I ,Iused to knock around with them all till I got married in 1971 then lost touch with most of them apart from Ted who I am in touch with through face book do you also remember Dave Bratton as he was best mates with Ted to. Regards ARNIE,D

Ted Robinson had a lot of best mates as so was I ,Iused to knock around with them all till I got married in 1971 then lost touch with most of them apart from Ted who I am in touch with through face book do you also remember Dave Bratton as he was best mates with Ted to. Regards ARNIE,D

Hi Arnie, I can vaguely remember you, I lived on Notts St opposite the passage that lead to Pete Summers house. I was a bit younger than the rest of you, me and my dog Perry seemed to go all over the place with you lot.

I believe you are still in touch with Alf Oliver. :)

Does anyone know, which school they would have gone to, if they lived at the following addresses plz.

Hampton Road

Wheldrake Road

Rushby Street

Or Wincobank Ave

Trying to trace someone for a family tree, they were believed to be born around 1925, then joined up in WW2, about 1944, i would say.

The family lived on :

Rushby Street in 1901

Wincobank Ave in 1911

Wheldrake Road in 1925

Hampton Road 30's - 50's i believe.

Any help greatly appreciated, I am searching for Len Smith, but he may have been born under another name, the Claxton's I know she was called " nannie Claxton" by his daughter, but dont know nothing else, other than he joined the Grenadier Guards, and married in Berkshire in 1946, so dont know if he came back after he divorced, but hoping someone will remember - something

Thank you

Dawn ;-) x

Hi Shaunfl ,I must be getting old because I cant place you but I remember Pete Summer's as he was good mates with Stephen Siddall and we knocked about together for some time in the 1960s/70s, Stephen Siddall lives about 1/2 a mile from where I live but the same old story dont keep in touch.As for Alf Oliver we met back up through friends reunited as it was Ted Robinson's mother's 80th birthday bash and they wanted to suprise Ted and Ted's mom Edna this was about 4 years ago I still keep in touch with Ted now and again and his sister Jean ,I am hoping to hear from Dave Bratton as I have sent him message through this forum .Anyway will I sign off now take care all the best Arnie,D

Edited by ARNIE,D
spelling mistake