Endcliffe Park Thuggery

14 minutes ago, lewisskinner said:

Almost everyone in the area knows where they live.  I'm not going to encourage vigilantism by posted their location; and would advise everyone else stick by the same rule.

I don't know who administrates the local Facebook group, but when Chris Marriott was killed, the admins of the Pitsmoor group had journalists trying to join to get access to local information, so maybe watch out for that, although this story is of less interest to journalists of course.

3 hours ago, Delbow said:

I was maybe expecting this to be a bit of exaggeration and pearl-clutching by the S11ers, but the threat of violence from a group of teenagers   in Endcliffe Park does sound bad. A shame that such a great community asset is being spoiled by this bunch. Anyone got any further info on it they'd like to share? The police statement says they're 'aware of those involved' but doesn't clarify whether this refers to the victims or perpetrators.

Perhaps ‘S11ers’ should refrain from all comment on this forum, maybe S17 ers and S10 ers should join them.:loopy:

4 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Perhaps ‘S11ers’ should refrain from all comment on this forum, maybe S17 ers and S10 ers should join them.:loopy:

Are you saying they're every bit as robust as, say, the S5ers and S3ers?

6 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Are you saying they're every bit as robust as, say, the S5ers and S3ers?

It’s you who are doing the saying’, all that I am guilty of is observing.

They're a Roma family and were rehomed from Page Hall to a council owned property on Ecclesall Rd near Endcliffe Park. They were evicted  from the property yesterday about the same time as the Sheffield Star article was published.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Draggletail said:

They're a Roma family and were rehomed from Page Hall to a council owned property on Ecclesall Rd near Endcliffe Park. They were evicted  from the property yesterday about the same time as the Sheffield Star article was published.

Were they Roma? I’ve heard many different stories including them coming from the Manor and from Manchester among other things.

The rumour mill is well in swing with this one!

1 minute ago, SheffieldForum said:

Were they Roma? I’ve heard many different stories including them coming from the Manor and from Manchester among other things.

The rumour mill is well in swing with this one!

All my information comes from the local FB page! (I should probably stated that... :roll: ) It's been quite a hot topic on there the last few weeks, and certainly the last couple of days.

On 03/05/2024 at 20:46, Al Bundy said:

It's been happening for years.

I used to work opposite on Rutland road and when the fun fair was erected in the park it always attracted trouble makers in the evening. Back then ( mid- late nineties) the problem was young Asian lads, not too sure about now.

It's a lovely park obviously now ruined by feral parasites.

Uncanny. I was beaten up by a large group of lads at the fair in the late 80s.

Nothing changes.