Most Fish & Chip Shops Not The Same Anymore ?

52 minutes ago, TOM PEPPER said:

Frymasters is it the same family still who had the Robin Hood next to pub same name further up the Cliffe

Yes it is the same family who had the Robin Hood….

8 minutes ago, TOM PEPPER said:

They were always no1 for me all those years ago when i used to go in.

They still are, I think it’s the son that now runs it and when it’s open they are always busy. The restaurant area is always busy too.

This is the website for the place=

http://www.frymaster.co.uk

I didn’t realise they were also on Uber eats delivery service..

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mafya said:

They still are, I think it’s the son that now runs it and when it’s open they are always busy. The restaurant area is always busy too.

This is the website for the place=

http://www.frymaster.co.uk

I didn’t realise they were also on Uber eats delivery service..

Robin Hood...le chamber went in when it was a pub but not later when it became adult entertainment place 😆😆😆

1 hour ago, gaz678 said:

Robin Hood...le chamber went in when it was a pub but not later when it became adult entertainment place 😆😆😆

I used to go to the attic bedroom in La Chambra before it became La Chambra as a girlfriend at the time used to rent it out.

I do know a friend who used to be a regular at La Chambra and he said it was the best experience he ever had and was gutted when it shut down…

Just now, mafya said:

I used to go to the attic bedroom in La Chambra before it became La Chambra as a girlfriend at the time used to rent it out.

I do know a friend who used to be a regular at La Chambra and he said it was the best experience he ever had and was gutted when it shut down…

Went once after a session on Cliffe turned away for being intoxicated lol never had guts to.go sober 😔 

On 21/04/2024 at 21:42, melthebell said:

Yay more good old fashioned faux patriotic foreigner bashing, well done for shoehorning it into a new topic

what on earth are you on about???

• Haha 2

Don't go to Chippys much but had some the other day . £11 for two fishcakes , small chips and a carton of curry .  It was rancid .  Don't go to Oak House chippy on Hackenthorpe  . Trust me . 

Mother Hubbards on London Road is surprisingly and consistently good.

The batter is light and cooked well, the chips are perfectly fried — and they do a spicy batter too, which is excellent. The spicy curry sauce option over the regular chippy curry is great too.

It is my go-to for quick, easy and consistently good.

If anyone is coeliac then Neptune at Banner Cross do fantastic gluten free batter options too. Tip there is to get the gluten free curry sauce (even if you’re not gluten free) as it is far superior to the regular curry sauce. 👍