24 minutes ago, gaz678 said:

My tax codes gone from 1275 down to 742L can't think why phoned tax office half hour wait on phone ..any advice welcome ๐Ÿ™ย 

Mines K712.

God knows what it means, more tax I presume.ย ๐Ÿ˜‘

I'd suggest looking on the HMRC website first to see if anything leaps out in terms of tax code changes :ย 

Tax codes: Overview - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

I wouldn't bother with ringing the tax office, you're better off registering for a government gateway ID and doing it all online (assuming here that you haven't already done that). It takes a few days for it to come through as they physically mail it out, but once you've got it youย can check all your tax affairs online, and check things like National Insurance contribution history, potential future state pension etc., so quite useful to have. The link to register for online tax is here :ย 

Check your Income Tax for the current year - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

It might sound a bit of a faff, but it will save you time in the long run.

• Like 3

Just now, Padders said:

Mines K712.

God knows what it means, more tax I presume.ย ๐Ÿ˜‘

Again you can find out more here Padders :

ย 

K means it's negative (i.e. you don't have a personal allowance). That's quite common if you have both a state and occupational pension, or state pension and another income such as a part time job. Not sure if that applies to you or not of course.

• Like 1

Just now, HallamGirl said:

Again you can find out more here Padders :

ย 

K means it's negative (i.e. you don't have a personal allowance). That's quite common if you have both a state and occupational pension, or state pension and another income such as a part time job. Not sure if that applies to you or not of course.

Yeah,ย I've got both state and occupational pension.

I just cough up with a grimace..

• Haha 1