Half Marathon Next Week, And This Said So Much About The Good People Of Sheffiel

I have been in training and am now confident I will be able to pass my dishy pal her jelly babies up at the Norfolk Arms 

Ironically ,I think its a postive story but then again I am a glass half full guy

Screenshot_20240330-012140.jpg

Screenshot_20240330-012103.jpg

• Like 1

I remember this!

Massive farce and the organisers all (rightfully) got the boot after from memory.

The people of Sheffield delivered in a way that only the people of Sheffield can. Great stuff (in the end).

• Like 2

Roads will be closed for several hours. Is there any good reason why other areas of Sheffield do not have the benefit of the two annual closures (= one cycling, one the half-marathon) and why it's always S11's?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Roads will be closed for several hours. Is there any good reason why other areas of Sheffield do not have the benefit of the two annual closures (= one cycling, one the half-marathon) and why it's always S11's?

Do you really think a marathon running through some grotty areas of the city is a great selling point?

5 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

The other areas don’t have the races running through them?!

6 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Is there any reason as to why organisers wouldn't use the national parks right on Sheffield's doorstep? 

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Do you really think a marathon running through some grotty areas of the city is a great selling point?

If you believe SCC, we don't have any 'grotty areas'. Every area has it's 'unique charm and culture'.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Resident said:

Is there any reason as to why organisers wouldn't use the national parks right on Sheffield's doorstep? 

Because they are nowhere near a city centre with decent transport links, and wouldnt be in Sheffield?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Resident said:

Well, one obvious reason would be the fact that running around the uneven, muddy, narrow and often steep terrain of the Peak District is hardly suitable for a mass race involving several thousand people.