Stop Knocking Sheffield.

It's amazing how many people like to criticize Sheffield, it really is a wonderful place to visit.

We should be promoting the city, not knocking it.

All big cities, and even seaside resorts have a tourist bus showing visitors the delights of their surroundings, usually in the shape of an open top bus.

So why don't we?

I'd like to suggest a "Sheffield Safari Wagon"

This could start outside the Cathedral, set off seeing the spice heads roaming the plains, head off to Page Hall. take in the magnificent sights of tracksuits, litter and brawling.

Then visit local centres like Hillsborough, Sharrow etc. where they can browse the charity shops, nail bars, and Turkish barber shops.

A comfort break could also be included, enjoy a 20 minute stop at a Tesco Express, and enjoy a cup of coffee, while enjoying the sight of a shoplifter fleeing with a bottle of Southern Comfort.

And what better way to end the day by finishing up on West Street, dodging the vomit, and sampling some of Sheffield's authentic cuisine.

Come on Sheffield, show people we really are a city on the move!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Hey Padders you’ve missed off the ‘knocking shops’ and we do have an open top bus in the city for when our football teams have their victory parades.

Trouble is it’s a vintage 1930’s Leyland bought from Blackpool and is in pristine condition because it’s not had much use!😁

echo.

• Haha 2

If people don’t criticise, don’t question, just accept everything and give SCC a thumbs up for whatever they do, then they deserve all that they would get.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, crookesey said:

If people don’t criticise, don’t question, just accept everything and give SCC a thumbs up for whatever they do, then they deserve all that they would get.

Toronto Raptors Applause GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Padders said:

It's amazing how many people like to criticize Sheffield, it really is a wonderful place to visit.

We should be promoting the city, not knocking it.

All big cities, and even seaside resorts have a tourist bus showing visitors the delights of their surroundings, usually in the shape of an open top bus.

So why don't we?

I'd like to suggest a "Sheffield Safari Wagon"

This could start outside the Cathedral, set off seeing the spice heads roaming the plains, head off to Page Hall. take in the magnificent sights of tracksuits, litter and brawling.

Then visit local centres like Hillsborough, Sharrow etc. where they can browse the charity shops, nail bars, and Turkish barber shops.

A comfort break could also be included, enjoy a 20 minute stop at a Tesco Express, and enjoy a cup of coffee, while enjoying the sight of a shoplifter fleeing with a bottle of Southern Comfort.

And what better way to end the day by finishing up on West Street, dodging the vomit, and sampling some of Sheffield's authentic cuisine.

Come on Sheffield, show people we really are a city on the move!

So then Padders. Are there many knockers in Sheffield? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

One on my front door, Yorkie, but unfortunately, you'd have get in the locked porch to use it. 🤣

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

One on my front door, Yorkie, but unfortunately, you'd have get in the locked porch to use it. 🤣

Why not have a pair of knockers then? One inside, one outside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

Why not have a pair of knockers then? One inside, one outside.

No need - there's a bell-push on the outside. 😄

• Like 1

OK. I give up. Rather than risk a ban let’s revert to the original subject. The “Sheffield Safari Wagon”. Can I use me pass? I’m a pensioner you know. 

• Haha 2

Just now, YorkieontheTyne said:

OK. I give up. Rather than risk a ban let’s revert to the original subject. The “Sheffield Safari Wagon”. Can I use me pass? I’m a pensioner you know. 

Good to know when you know you're beaten 🤣 . As to the original subject, I agree with most of it, which is probably why I rarely visit those areas unless I need to.

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, YorkieontheTyne said:

Plenty in Lane Top club.

I guess I’m in a minority on this forum. A retired transport worker who is actually old enough to retire and recognises when a subject is going nowhere.😜.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2