1 hour ago, Resident said:

I watched one episode once, from South Yorkshire. They stopped a car, 4 people inside. 

All four and the car were searched and all of them had enough drugs in their pockets to warrant Intent to supply charges plus the car was fully loaded too.  Cops stated that it was clearly a drug courier car & caught before they could go their separate ways. 

At the end of the episode, when they typically tell you what happened next, the announcer stated that all four were released WITHOUT charge as the CPS decided there wasn't enough evidence. 

I had noticed that very strange decision on other episodes I watched in the past. Absolutely no idea what the CPS defines as 'enough evidence', and I suspect they don't have a clue either.

(Disclaimer - I no longer watch it - you've seen one episode - you've seen them all).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zach Clay said:

Im always shocked at the guys on Police Interceptors who steal a car with no license and insurance while on drugs then take the police on a chase driving at speeds over 100mph while ramming police cars off the road

Then they get a small fine and community service.....its insane

It must be so demoralising for police officers that they catch criminals and then our liberal court system gives them a slap on the wrist

Some officers have alluded to that.

80-90% of their work is catching the same criminals doing the same crimes, usually with someone saying "See you next month".  As ever, the problem is with the Government.  Slashed funding, no capacity in the prisons so only the really serious offenders get sent down.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, sheffborn&bred said:

I've just been watching this programme and boy racers have been pulled over and given warnings, tickets etc for wheel spinning etc at their usual weekend meet up.

How come wheel spinning boy racers do this most nights inside  the asda carpark at drakehouse under the noses of moss way police  and I've not seen any police apprehend the boy racers yet , and I'm there most nights?

how quaint  that you  actually think that  there are Police officers  sat on their backsides in the station of  an Evening ... 

• Like 1

Concerning the fines etc dished out to drivers featured in these programmes, I find that a 18 year old uninsured driver pulled over in a £50 'scrapper' and getting  a) Car seized, b) Fined £180  a bit of an insult to the 18 year old in the next street who has paid out £800 plus for insurance.

I'd have thought that finding out how much the insurance would have been from a reputable broker for the year and fining him that figure plus 50% would be more fair. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mad-dad said:

Concerning the fines etc dished out to drivers featured in these programmes, I find that a 18 year old uninsured driver pulled over in a £50 'scrapper' and getting  a) Car seized, b) Fined £180  a bit of an insult to the 18 year old in the next street who has paid out £800 plus for insurance.

I'd have thought that finding out how much the insurance would have been from a reputable broker for the year and fining him that figure plus 50% would be more fair. 

Which street is the 18 year old living to get insured for £800? 

Asking for a friend....

Just now, Resident said:

Which street is the 18 year old living to get insured for £800? 

Asking for a friend....

😆I was being generous. Probably more like £1800 I suppose, which compounds the injustice further.

• Like 1

Just now, mad-dad said:

😆I was being generous. Probably more like £1800 I suppose, which compounds the injustice further.

Try double that.

Just now, geared said:

Try double that.

😮 Jeez, I think I now understand why the kid in the £50 scrapper didn't bother with insurance. £3600 or £180 fine ......... what to chose, what to choose 😕

30 minutes ago, mad-dad said:

23 minutes ago, mad-dad said:

😮 Jeez, I think I now understand why the kid in the £50 scrapper didn't bother with insurance. £3600 or £180 fine ......... what to chose, what to choose 😕

I'm in my 40s. Multiple licence categories on my licence, clean, never had a single point or conviction, Had my licence 20+ years, never had a claim by or against me. 

I own a Focus ST (not one with the pop & nonce banging exhaust) 
My wife has a 7 seater, which I have access to, under named on her policy

Live in one of the lowest crime rate areas. 

My renewal this year was £1490, up from £520 previous year. Managed to get it down to £760. 

For me the problem is that insurance is LEGALLY required but handed to private companies. IMO because it's state required, it should be state operated. 

• Like 3

Last year we bought our eldest grandson a Toyota Yaris for his 18th birthday.  His insurance is £3,500 fully comp ( which he paid for himself )

Up until two weeks ago he lived in Barnsley, now he's renting an apartment in Sheffield with secured car parking space and his insurance Co wanted another £700  !   He's managed to find another company who will cover him fully comp a little bit cheaper but it's still a silly amount of money.  He's a very sensible person studying Particle Physics and Quantum Physics at Sheffield Uni  ..... not a young tear arser but insurance companies tar them all at that age with the same brush.  Unfortunately to get on the ladder and build up his own No Claims Bonus he has to grit his teeth and pay these silly premiums for the first few years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, francypants said:

Last year we bought our eldest grandson a Toyota Yaris for his 18th birthday.  His insurance is £3,500 fully comp ( which he paid for himself )

Up until two weeks ago he lived in Barnsley, now he's renting an apartment in Sheffield with secured car parking space and his insurance Co wanted another £700  !   He's managed to find another company who will cover him fully comp a little bit cheaper but it's still a silly amount of money.  He's a very sensible person studying Particle Physics and Quantum Physics at Sheffield Uni  ..... not a young tear arser but insurance companies tar them all at that age with the same brush.  Unfortunately to get on the ladder and build up his own No Claims Bonus he has to grit his teeth and pay these silly premiums for the first few years.

In your Grandsons case, the insurer's probably think he's going to accelerate around the Hadron Collider...

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

In your Grandsons case, the insurer's probably think he's going to accelerate around the Hadron Collider...

Ha! Ha! Ha!  very good Pads, very witty.   :thumbsup:    😂    

• Thanks 1