Handedness

Which hand holds your fork?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which hand holds your fork when you eat your dinner?

• I'm RIGHT-handed. My fork is in my RIGHT hand.
    • I'm RIGHT-handed. My fork is in my LEFT hand.
    • I'm LEFT-handed. My fork is in my RIGHT hand.
    • I'm LEFT-handed. My fork is in my LEFT hand.

I'm right handed.

Eating with knife and fork  .........    fork in left hand, knife in right hand.

Eating just with a fork  ........  fork in right hand.

Left handed people in our family :

My sister.   ( Totally left handed, even her computer has a left handed mouse )

My son.   ( Ambidextrous which makes him a good drummer.  Also uses tools right handed )

My daughter in law.  ( Totally left handed )

My son in law.   ( Uses some tools right handed )

Grandson.  ( Ambidextrous,  plays his baritone horn right handed, uses tools right handed )

Grandson.  ( Totally left handed )

I’m very right handed, my fork goes in my right hand if I only need a fork. If I need a knife too, then the fork goes in my left hand and the knife in the right.

Anything else is just wrong.

• Like 1

I guess you just follow your upbringing. Whether left or right-handed my folks always set the table with the fork on the left, the knife on the right. 

Not up on etiquette, but most restaurants I've been in set the same.

The ambidextrous thing has always fascinated me. I write with my left hand. No amount of taking a pen out of my left hand and placing it in my right did any good. Yet bowling in cricket and using a snooker cue, it's my right hand. If I played golf no doubt that would be my right hand too. I kick a ball in footie with my right foot.

But here's where it's useful; I can use tools equally competently with either hand. Screwdriver, hammer, saw, electric drill, jigsaw....whatever. I am the Duracell bunny when it comes to DIY 😀.  None of this "Oooo, mi arm's tired..." rubbish. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Prettytom said:

Anything else is just wrong.

I'm right handed, fork in left hand.

I don't give a toss about the proper way, and wouldn't have a clue if they stuck loads of knives and forks in front of me (Those meals posh folk have)

I don't see a right and wrong way. It's what way you enjoy your meal, and which way round you feel best to 'shovel' thi food in't gob ;) 

I would give my right arm to be ambidextrous

• Like 1

I always use Chopstick's.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, wearysmith said:

I guess you just follow your upbringing. Whether left or right-handed my folks always set the table with the fork on the left, the knife on the right. 

Not up on etiquette, but most restaurants I've been in set the same.

The ambidextrous thing has always fascinated me. I write with my left hand. No amount of taking a pen out of my left hand and placing it in my right did any good. Yet bowling in cricket and using a snooker cue, it's my right hand. If I played golf no doubt that would be my right hand too. I kick a ball in footie with my right foot.

But here's where it's useful; I can use tools equally competently with either hand. Screwdriver, hammer, saw, electric drill, jigsaw....whatever. I am the Duracell bunny when it comes to DIY 😀.  None of this "Oooo, mi arm's tired..." rubbish. 

Morning Wearysmith.

Cross country was my thing, played very little football & If I did it would be in goal.

Again, equally accurate (ish) kicking with left or right.

Something us bikers had to learn,

changing gear with our left foot.

Brit bikes were always gearbox and leaver on't right.

The Japs decided to go left hand change (something to do with the American market I think) but we got use to it :blush:.

I like the, "I am the Duracell bunny" 😀

Keep safe out there 8).

• Like 1