Getting To Trades And Labour Club.

By walking or public  transport from the Railway Station or Interchange ? Any buses or Trams go anywhere near ? Cheers

Just now, Ridgewalk said:

By walking or public  transport from the Railway Station or Interchange ? Any buses or Trams go anywhere near ? Cheers

It is fairly close by and walkable, as long as you realise it is all uphill (quite steep).

Basically, come out of the train station at the back (tram stop), walk up the steel steps past the amphitheatre, cross south street and go around to the right of the flats currently being worked on to Talbot Road, it is at the end of that road!

IMG_3778.jpeg.0bfe3530a92c0c794d2345a0bcd68d54.jpeg

• Like 2

What time of day ? If you follow the instructions above during hours of darkness you will undoubtedly be confronted by the scumbags who inhabit the steel steps be they druggies or riff raff . Despite the cctv installation it can usually be a nightmare for anti social behaviour and one which local councillors have been trying for months to eradicate. Indeed a public meeting was recently convened by councillors at the trades and labour club to see what can be done and there are suggestions roads will be blocked . Personally I would give that route a miss and seek out a bus from the interchange which I believe go up Shrewsbury road and duke street …..drop you at the door. Sorry you’ll have to look the numbers up but do not walk after dark! Bad advice!

• Like 1

Think you can get the 120 outside the train station.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Man in Crete said:

What time of day ? If you follow the instructions above during hours of darkness you will undoubtedly be confronted by the scumbags who inhabit the steel steps be they druggies or riff raff . Despite the cctv installation it can usually be a nightmare for anti social behaviour and one which local councillors have been trying for months to eradicate. Indeed a public meeting was recently convened by councillors at the trades and labour club to see what can be done and there are suggestions roads will be blocked . Personally I would give that route a miss and seek out a bus from the interchange which I believe go up Shrewsbury road and duke street …..drop you at the door. Sorry you’ll have to look the numbers up but do not walk after dark! Bad advice!

Hi 

i appreciate that. Many thanks 

if theres a few i would grab a cab outside the station its rough in that area 

Fair point about anti-social behaviour at the top of South Street in the evening. I believe the police are regularly dealing with it now.

Personally, I've never had any issue walking through there, but appreciate it can be intimidating.

An alternative walk is to take the gentler path up the left of the hill towards South Street Kitchen/Pearl at Park Hill, walk through to Duke Street and up there to the Trades club on the corner. Would add about 5 minutes to the walk.

56 minutes ago, bassett one said:

Ha, the taxi driver who had queued up for an hour to take that fare would be utterly foaming at the mouth 😂😂😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Service 120 will take you there. You can catch it from Sheffield Interchange or Crystal Peaks bust station. 

5 hours ago, bassett one said:

Yes we were walking around there a few weeks ago and was asked if we wanted to score any crack!

4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Ha, the taxi driver who had queued up for an hour to take that fare would be utterly foaming at the mouth 😂😂😂

Taxis usually have a flat £4 charge and then around £1 extra per minute or so the journey takes. £7 to run someone up Duke Street isn't bad going.

7 hours ago, Man in Crete said:

They also congregate on the field across Shrewsbury Road (back of Norfolk Park). A couple of us were walking up there and we were approached by a gang in balaclavas and asked if we were looking to score cocaine or heroin. This was in broad daylight. So much for "luxury" apartments like Park Hill gentrifying and improving and area. We will see what The King's Tower brings to Haymarket!

• Like 1