Sign in to follow this  

Bus Service Changes From 7 April 2024

First up to mention is the Sheffield Connect City Centre bus service which will see the community minibuses currently operating replaced by electric single deckers with longer operating hours and a second route:

SC1 - current route: Sheffield Interchange - Cathedral - Trippet Lane - City Hall - Rockingham Street - Moorfoot - Rail station - Sheffield Interchange

SC2 - new route: Sheffield Interchange - Rail station - Moorhead - Moorfoot - Eyre Street - Arundel Gate - Snig Hill - Millsands - Castlegate - Sheffield Interchange 

bus 2/2a Sheffield - Chapeltown - Hoyland - Barnsley/Grimethorpe : timetable change

bus 10/10a Manor Top - Hallamshire Hospital circular : timetable change

bus 24 Woodhouse - City - Lowedges : timetable change

bus 31 City - Upperthorpe - Hillsborough - Loxley : will no longer run to Loxley and go to Fox Hill and Parsons Cross instead

bus 32 City - Northern General : route and timetable change

bus 52a Woodhouse - Attercliffe - City - Broomhill - Crookes - Hillsborough: will be extended to Loxley Mondays to Saturdays, replacing bus 31

bus 58 Hillsborough - Wharncliffe Side : timetable change

bus 72/72a Chapeltown - Manvers - Wath on Dearne - Swinton : route and timetable changes

bus 73 Sheffield - Treeton - Rotherham: timetable change

bus 97/98 Totley / Totley Brook - Abbeydale - City - Southey Green - Hillsborough: timetable change

bus 137 Sheffield - Meadowhall - Rotherham : timetable change

bus 208 Sheffield - Whiston : timetable change

bus 218 Sheffield - Totley - Bakewell : summer timetable begins with more Sunday services

bus 252 Sheffield - Gleadless - Ridgeway - Marsh Lane - Eckington - Crystal Peaks: timetable change

bus M92 Hillsborough - Chapeltown - Harley: timetable change with a Saturday service added

bus X1/X10 Sheffield - Meadowhall - Rotherham - Maltby: change of route between Sheffield and Rotherham (to use current X78 route) ; X10 renumbered X2 with some trips extended beyond Maltby to Doncaster.

bus X5 Sheffield - Handsworth - Aston - Kiveton - Dinnington: timetable change, some trips extended beyond Dinnington to Maltby

bus X78 Sheffield - Meadowhall - Rotherham - Conisborough - Doncaster: renumbered X3, change of route between Sheffield and Rotherham (to use current X1 route), timetable change.

More details at https://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/en-gb/newsupdates/service-changes#Sheffield

Additionally from 22 March Supertram will no longer be operated by Stagecoach, with a new company publicly owned at arms length by the South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority taking over. This will mean Stagecoach tickets such as the Silver MegaRider and Gold MegaRider will no longer include tram travel (as they won't be a Stagecoach service), therefore the tickets to buy if you wish to combine bus and tram travel will be the all operator products in the Travelmaster range - see  https://www.sytravelmaster.com/. If you only travel by tram then the only real difference is that if you currently buy tickets on the Stagecoach website or Stagecoach app you will need to use the new Travel South Yorkshire app instead.

• Thanks 1

Additional bit of news from next door in North East Derbyshire (including Dronfield and Eckington)...

Now launched is "Travel Derbyshire on Demand", a new bus service that doesn't have a route or timetable.

You can use it for any journey within NE Derbyshire during the daytime Monday to Saturday that isn't catered for by normal scheduled bus services for a flat fare of £4 per ride for adults with Derbyshire Wayfarer tickets also accepted.

You need to book your journey on their app or over the phone then the system will generate a bus route that serves everyone that has booked to travel.

The service is funded by the Derbyshire Bus Service Improvement Plan (BSIP) which the county council successfully bid to the government for funding .

More information including a link to download the app >> https://www.roadxs.com/travel-derbyshire-on-demand/

spacer.png

travel-derbyshire-on-demand-vehicle.png

Very helpful thank you. 

I thought the changes were from April 7th, so I was gobsmacked when I saw a 52a go up Dykes Hall Road yesterday!

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Ms Macbeth said:

Very helpful thank you. 

I thought the changes were from April 7th, so I was gobsmacked when I saw a 52a go up Dykes Hall Road yesterday!

could that have been the 752a school bus? https://bustimes.org/services/752a-hillsborough-bradfield-school

Edited by Andy C

On 13/03/2024 at 18:09, Ms Macbeth said:

Very helpful thank you. 

Well, you've got your wish Ms Macbeth. 52a to Wisewood is go! Will you be using it, out of curiosity?

• Like 1

I understand the Sheffield Connect EV buses will finally be unveiled this week, in advance of being put into service from April.

I also understand it will be made free to use for everyone, dropping the £1 fare for those without relevant passes or concessions.

Just now, SheffieldForum said:

I understand the Sheffield Connect EV buses will finally be unveiled this week, in advance of being put into service from April.

I understand they have already been driven in convoy from wherever they were hiding them to the Interchange, last week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

understand the Sheffield Connect EV buses will finally be unveiled this week, in advance of being put into service from April.

Already been seen at Sheffield Interchange.

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

Already been seen at Sheffield Interchange.

See post above yours.

OK, I'll re-word it:

3 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

I understand the Sheffield Connect EV buses will finally be OFFICIALLY unveiled this week, in advance of being put into service from April.

I also understand it will be made free to use for everyone, dropping the £1 fare for those without relevant passes or concessions.

3 hours ago, RollingJ said:

I understand they have already been driven in convoy from wherever they were hiding them to the Interchange, last week.

I saw all 4 of them, in convoy on the Parkway just before Park Square last Thursday on my way home about 2pm. Presumeably they'll live where they've been storing the diesel van/buses. 

I also hope that the drivers are all Polish, since the new charge points in the Interchange only have Polish instruction stickers on them :hihi:

4 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

So, a further drain on the SYCMA budget, which they claim is already under 'great strain'. Sounds logical to me.