Sign in to follow this  

Bus Service Changes From 7 April 2024

I find it hard to believe they will be stored at the Interchange, for a variety of reasons. Stranger things have happened mind.

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

I find it hard to believe they will be stored at the Interchange, for a variety of reasons. Stranger things have happened mind.

Read further - they will be stored at the SPCT depot in Brightside, after being charged at Pond Street.

Just now, RollingJ said:

Read further - they will be stored at the SPCT depot in Brightside, after being charged at Pond Street.

I thought as much. Shame the lovely fowerbeds were removed to make way for the chargers.

6 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

3 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I thought as much. Shame the lovely fowerbeds were removed to make way for the chargers.

So, why the comment in the post I have quoted above?

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

So, why the comment in the post I have quoted above?

See post #16.

4 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

See post #16.

I did - but that post is a long way back - and has been superseded by later ones.

Just now, RollingJ said:

I did - but that post is a long way back - and has been superseded by later ones.

I thought it relevant to point out why that was an unlikely arrangement. 

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

I thought it relevant to point out why that was an unlikely arrangement. 

If you say so. Actually it is an obvious non-starter,  from a security angle,  if nothing else.

Just now, RollingJ said:

If you say so. Actually it is an obvious non-starter,  from a security angle,  if nothing else.

And logistcally, the drivers book on at the depot and would need to be taxied to and from the Interchange. There are also no engineering & maintenance facilities at the Interchange.

And logistcally, the drivers book on at the depot and would need to be taxied to and from the Interchange. There are also no engineering & maintenance facilities at the Interchange.

OOOH, aren't you clever? 🤣. We know all that.

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

OOOH, aren't you clever? 🤣. We know all that.

I'm also a retired transport worker. And clearly not everyone knows that hence post 16.

I'm also a retired transport worker. And clearly not everyone knows that hence post 16.

You don't need to be a 'transport worker' - retired or not  - to use your eyes and common sense.

• Thanks 1