Frank Hester's Racist Comments About Diane Abbott

SheffieldForum

The thread has been derailed several times.

Please discuss the topic and stop with the personal comments and digs.

Thank you.

Message added by SheffieldForum

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Medium ,  you sissy . 

It was early. I was still tired. Leave me alone 😪

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

Effectively censored in our own private world. I am shocked, literally, at how many people on here appear to think that is a good thing.

I have repeatedly asked if the authoritarians on here really would like to be able to censor people's very thoughts, I doubt they'd deny it. I admit I have not read all the replies, have any of them denied it ?

I've seen no one write that they want our private worlds to be censored so  who are all these people who appear to think it's a good thing ?

Speaking for myself,   and I have been labelled an authoritarian by you,   I have no wish in this world to know what your private thoughts are.

Your public writings already shock, dismay and  sadden me with how single minded your thoughts are in pursuit of Chekhov's total happiness at the cost of all else,

and I can't believe what the result would be if you were completely free of all rules and restrictions and all around you became simple Chekhov fodder.

After 3 years of blubbering about Covid restrictions whilst advising others to  "man up",   by all means let your private thoughts be censored in case they should be spread among others.   

7 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Imagine having an evenings entertainment at hers and you wake up to her cooking  you a big lump of steak for breakfast .  😀

And you stayed of the weekend you’d get Bacon for Breakfast and Ham for Lunch.

10 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Effectively censored in our own private world. I am shocked, literally, at how many people on here appear to think that is a good thing.

I have repeatedly asked if the authoritarians on here really would like to be able to censor people's very thoughts, I doubt they'd deny it. I admit I have not read all the replies, have any of them denied it ?

10 hours ago, cressida said:

Censoring people's thoughts not very democratic,  the 'road to hell.

Beginning to think that George Orwell was a time traveller and he wrote 1984 as a warning....

• Like 2

Comment in BBC Bias thread of relevance to this thread :

Posted (edited)

From "BBC : Biased Broadcasting Corporation" thread :

>>>Chekhov said The Beeb were referring to the Frank Hester "racist comments" furore (whilst introducing an article on "racism in business"), but what was unforgiveable - but typical for the Beeb - was they just read out the most contentious bits of Hester's alleged comments.

This is what he said :

"It's like trying not to be racist but you see Diane Abbott on the TV, and you're just like… you just want to hate all black women because she's there.

"And I don't hate all black women at all, but I think she should be shot."

And this is the bit the Beeb quoted.

How biased is that ?<<<

>>"Sheffield Forum" replied :

Only the red bits were quoted you mean?

Do you think quoting the other bits makes his comments sound less bad?!,,

Tell me SF, do you never have a laugh, at work  for instance?

You know say controversial stuff ?

Exaggerate for the sake of comedic effect.

Take the **** ?

If not I'd hate to work at your place, how boring must it be.....

Edited by Chekhov

12 hours ago, cressida said:

Censoring people's thoughts not very democratic,  the 'road to hell.

Nobody  is  censoring peoples thoughts   -   there is actually no way of doing this anyway   -   We are all free to think whatever we like.

Just Checky with the usual dramatisations and deciding for other people,   what they think.

4 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

From "BBC : Biased Broadcasting Corporation" thread :

>>>Chekhov said The Beeb were referring to the Frank Hester "racist comments" furore (whilst introducing an article on "racism in business"), but what was unforgiveable - but typical for the Beeb - was they just read out the most contentious bits of Hester's alleged comments.

This is what he said :

"It's like trying not to be racist but you see Diane Abbott on the TV, and you're just like… you just want to hate all black women because she's there.

"And I don't hate all black women at all, but I think she should be shot."

And this is the bit the Beeb quoted.

How biased is that ?<<<

>>"Sheffield Forum" replied :

Only the red bits were quoted you mean?

Do you think quoting the other bits makes his comments sound less bad?!,,

Tell me SF, do you never have a laugh, at work  for instance?

You know say controversial stuff ?

Exaggerate for the sake of comedic effect.

Take the **** ?

If not I'd hate to work at your place, how boring must it be.....

I have several workplaces and each is great.

We all get along and have mutual respect for each other and for others. 

Of course we have a laugh, but not at the expense of people or groups. 

Were all professional too, so you’d never hear us be racist or misogynistic in any of our meetings…

Good to hear,  do you think you should be neutral on the political threads?

43 minutes ago, cressida said:

Good to hear,  do you think you should be neutral on the political threads?

No.

This has been discussed lots in the forum feedback section (where your question belongs) and answered there, so we’ll leave that there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

Putting aside the private/not private argument, nobody is censoring thoughts.

When you start vocalising those thoughts to other people it can become offensive - and this was overtly offensive.

Racism and misogyny just aren’t acceptable. Vocalising that in a group of people isn’t acceptable. We know at least one person found it offensive.

I am similarly stunned that you can't see the offence in the statements and that you find them to be perfectly acceptable, to be honest. 

So you do want to censor people's thoughts then !

Saying they cannot actually talk to anyone (or have a laugh with anyone) with them, amounts to the same thing.....

>>Racism and misogyny just aren’t acceptable. Vocalising that in a group of people isn’t acceptable<<

Even speaking as  a non racist is is acceptable for people to say anything they want "within their own group". If it is not acceptable then that is censoring people's thoughts. many of us have been saying  for a few years that they are telling us what to think. Well they can go forth and multiply, they have no right to tell people what to think, soddin' hypocrites.

>>misogyny just aren’t acceptable<<

Dopes that include jokes about women ?

You lot are such killjoys, don't you ever have laugh ?

>>you can't see the offence in the statements<<

Nobody has a right not to be offended.

>>perfectly acceptable<<

I thought this was Britain not North Korea (not yet anyway) ?

It's perfectly acceptable for people to say anything within their own group,.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

I have several workplaces and each is great.

We all get along and have mutual respect for each other and for others. 

Of course we have a laugh, but not at the expense of people or groups. 

Were all professional too, so you’d never hear us be racist or misogynistic in any of our meetings…

I bet most people wouldn't consider you are having much of a laugh if you never saying anything that could be considered offensive or, or upsetting, or, above all, not politically correct.