The Great Greggs Line Of Sheffield

52 minutes ago, vmam said:

I've never been in a Gregg's.

WHAT!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

Ever noticed how Greggs locations in central Sheffield are situated in a near-perfect line?

From The Moor to Pinstone Street to Fargate to Market Place — pretty much a straight line.

IMG_3757.jpeg.5654eaa2f9e686faf928d0f5054ed48f.jpeg

What is this conspiracy? Just coincidence? Why are they not deviating from the line? Is the plan to join all the Greggs together and build a great sausage roll wall to finally denote the border between north and south? Will tihe next Greggs be on The Wicker to continue the trend?  We need answers!

It's strategic business placement. The locations were designed along the 'golden mile' of footfall from Angel Street to Moorfoot. Popular businesses can have branches closed by and still pack out each store. It's similar in other cities, for example in London, you can head southwards from Saint Pancras, through Red Lion Square and Portugal Street towards Somerset House and encounter many Gregg's en route.

• Like 1

Maybe Green King or Spoons need to sort a strategic partnership involving a micropub in every branch of Greggs so they've got the entire golden Mile including the Moor sorted. Some reyt pint of Ruddles/sausage roll combo deals on offer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Primark do Greggs branded clothing.

2 minutes ago, pfifes said:

Saw a bloke other day with a Greggs man bag  😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Saw a bloke other day with a Greggs man bag  😂😂😂

Did it have insulated layering to keep the pasties warm?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Did it have insulated layering to keep the pasties warm?

😀

26 minutes ago, pfifes said:

I've got some Greggs Crocs. My mates son bought 'em for me as a joke. But they're brilliant. Super comfy, ideal for the beach and weigh nothing in your suitcase.  My missus can't stand the sight of them but I wear them frequently. 

1 minute ago, bungleboy69 said:

I've got some Greggs Crocs. My mates son bought 'em for me as a joke. But they're brilliant. Super comfy, ideal for the beach and weigh nothing in your suitcase.  My missus can't stand the sight of them but I wear them frequently. 

😂😂😂 . Get the Man bag , be a great combo . 😀

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, pfifes said:

And where is Primark?

ON THE LINE!

More proof!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Used to be one in Broomhill i think. Surely Ecclesall Road is ready for one now!

On 13/03/2024 at 18:54, longiesta said:

Used to be one in Broomhill i think. Surely Ecclesall Road is ready for one now!

There did used to be one on Fulwood Road, near Oxfam. I think Ecclesall Road is the wrong market for Gregg's. Chapeltown would be a good location for one. 

Has anyone else noticed that the seating areas in Gregg's seem to have disappeared?