Anyone Using The Nhs  App?

I downloaded and installed the NHS App. On attempting to use it, the message on the app said you have to get permission from your GP before you can use it.

I was curious in respect of how the permission works?

Well, the HNS no doubt have policies about how they share your data, and the local GP's practice will also have policies to cover this - and they may not be the same.  Also, the GP will need to know that you have accepted the NHS app's policy and it has the same phone number to access, so it knows you can access the data that way.

Not everybody has smartphones or internet access, and not everybody with that technology wants the NHS to have instant access to them (the same applies to other ortganisations of course).

Ask your GP?

20 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Ask your GP?

Good luck talking to one of those. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, hackey lad said:

Good luck talking to one of those. 

OK - ask the GP practice then - I actually registered for their own service before the NHS  app was released, and the same registration now allows me to use either, although I no longer bother with theirs as the NHS one is more comprehensive.

30 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

Well, the HNS no doubt have policies about how they share your data, and the local GP's practice will also have policies to cover this - and they may not be the same.  Also, the GP will need to know that you have accepted the NHS app's policy and it has the same phone number to access, so it knows you can access the data that way.

Not everybody has smartphones or internet access, and not everybody with that technology wants the NHS to have instant access to them (the same applies to other ortganisations of course).

Thank you for your detailed resonate. 

30 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Ask your GP?

Thank you. 

Thing is, am still 17th in line at this time

7 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

OK - ask the GP practice then - I actually registered for their own service before the NHS  app was released, and the same registration now allows me to use either, although I no longer bother with theirs as the NHS one is more comprehensive.

OK thanks. Our medical centre has recently ended the surgery app.

I just paid my surgery a visit - they printed out the details for me to register - but note, as I said before this was for their service, which also allows me to use the NHS app.

Bear in mind NHS Login, and NHS App are not the same thing.
The latter acts as a gateway to the former, as do other apps.
From what I remember, I first created my NHS Login account, and only after that set up my NHS App one.
My own doctor's practice uses Patient Access, which is similar to NHS App, but commercially operated.
The big difference. is that as well as access to your GP's booking facility, it also has lots of private medicine adverts/access.

The NHS app is probably the only one I know how to use, ‘cos I’m technologically stupid