Disabled Blue Parking Badges.

19 minutes ago, francypants said:

Exactly  !    If the disabled person is not getting out of the car then their Blue Badge shouldn't be used.  The car should  NOT  be parked in a disabled space.  The Blue Badge is issued to enable a disabled person easier access   .........  it should not be used to avoid paying parking charges.

A blue badge is nothing to do with parking charges. Parking charges are free anyway  when parking in supermarket car parks.  The original point was : Does a disabled person displaying a blue badge but being driven by a non disabled person, have to get out of the car when the non disabled driver does. The answer is NO ! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pattricia said:

A blue badge is nothing to do with parking charges. Parking charges are free anyway  when parking in supermarket car parks.  The original point was : Does a disabled person displaying a blue badge but being driven by a non disabled person, have to get out of the car when the non disabled driver does. The answer is NO ! 

I parked up at Meadowhall last week.

A security guy said " You can't park here, it's badge holders only"

So I told him I had a bad shoulder..

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Padders said:

I parked up at Meadowhall last week.

A security guy said " You can't park here, it's badge holders only"

So I told him I had a bad shoulder..

Like it !    xx

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pattricia said:

Unless they are in a disabled bay and then it is YES

7 hours ago, pattricia said:

7 minutes ago, denlin said:

Unless they are in a disabled bay and then it is YES

Hmmm... :huh:

According to section 2 "Who can use the badge?" of this...
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/611a22aed3bf7f63a54f5fad/blue-badge-rights-and-responsibility-large-type.pdf

You should not use the badge to allow non-disabled people to take advantage of the benefits while you sit in the car.

To be fair, this scenario is occurring on private land, in a private car park.  Do what you want.

1 hour ago, denlin said:

Hello Mr Bloke.  Merry Christmas xx

Hey up! :wave:

Not seen you on here for ages... I hope you're well! :)

Right, as someone living with someone with a blue badge I'm going to clarify in simple terms. I'm going to reinclude this link (provided by @Mr Bloke) - LINK

IF the badge holder, as either the driver or a passenger, parks in a disabled bay then they MUST exit the vehicle. Not doing so falls under misuse, a criminal offence according to the Blue Badge terms & conditions of use. By not exiting the vehicle you are seen to be letting others take advantage of the parking concessions afforded to blue badge holders. 

On 28/02/2024 at 13:21, HeHasRisen said:

To be fair, this scenario is occurring on private land, in a private car park.  Do what you want.

Not quite. Supermarket car parks are seen as general public accessible land, during hours of opening, therefore a public place and covered by Road Traffic Act 1988. (LINK)

Edited by Resident
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Resident said:

Right, as someone living with someone with a blue badge I'm going to clarify in simple terms. I'm going to reinclude this link (provided by @Mr Bloke) - LINK

IF the badge holder, as either the driver or a passenger, parks in a disabled bay then they MUST exit the vehicle. Not doing so falls under misuse, a criminal offence according to the Blue Badge terms & conditions of use. By not exiting the vehicle you are seen to be letting others take advantage of the parking concessions afforded to blue badge holders. 

Not quite. Supermarket car parks are seen as general public accessible land, during hours of opening, therefore a public place and covered by Road Traffic Act 1988. (LINK)

Exactly what I said xx

22 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hey up! :wave:

Not seen you on here for ages... I hope you're well! :)

Hello.  I am fine thanks,  hope you are too.  I couldn't face SF after Rossyrooney passed away,   He had become a friend in real life.  I still fondly remember you and the 12 days of Christmas.  Dangling LOL

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Resident said:

Exactly what I said in post  # 36       :thumbsup: 

20 hours ago, denlin said:

Exactly what I said xx

14 minutes ago, francypants said:

Exactly what I said in post  # 36       :thumbsup: 

There seemed to be some arguement over your answers. Figured a 3rd time explaining it might sink in. 

• Haha 1