Tesco Infirmary Road Car Park

For as long as I can remember the car park at infirmary road sheffield has allowed virtually unlimited parking time. Suddenly with no announcement the parking time has been reduced to only 2 hours.

I know it is contracted out to a private company but I can not for the life of me understand why either Tesco or the company has not put out big signs at the two  entrances warning drivers of the change. Does anyone really expect customers who have been using the car park for years to study the parking rules every visit just in case they are changed?

Typically the response I got from the customer services was the car parking is out sourced so there is nothing we can do when of course there is. This  quite frankly is astonishing as it is  loyal Tesco customers who will be fined and of course Tesco could erect the signs or force the contractor to do so.

I sincerely hope Tesco will pay the fines for all unsuspecting customers who have fallen foul of the new rules until large warning signs are placed at both entrances.

I have no issues with the reduction in time allowed just the crass disregard for customers

I don’t know of any supermarket car park with no restrictions.

14 minutes ago, BigAl1 said:

For as long as I can remember the car park at infirmary road sheffield has allowed virtually unlimited parking time. Suddenly with no announcement the parking time has been reduced to only 2 hours.

I know it is contracted out to a private company but I can not for the life of me understand why either Tesco or the company has not put out big signs at the two  entrances warning drivers of the change. Does anyone really expect customers who have been using the car park for years to study the parking rules every visit just in case they are changed?

Typically the response I got from the customer services was the car parking is out sourced so there is nothing we can do when of course there is. This  quite frankly is astonishing as it is  loyal Tesco customers who will be fined and of course Tesco could erect the signs or force the contractor to do so.

I sincerely hope Tesco will pay the fines for all unsuspecting customers who have fallen foul of the new rules until large warning signs are placed at both entrances.

I have no issues with the reduction in time allowed just the crass disregard for customers

Hmmm... :huh:

What puzzles me is how anyone can spend more than 2 hours in a supermarket...

... in which case, how can it be the "loyal Tesco customers who will be fined"? :confused:

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

What puzzles me is how anyone can spend more than 2 hours in a supermarket...

... in which case, how can it be the "loyal Tesco customers who will be fined"? :confused:

Many will leave their cars there and catch the tram into town but also pick up shopping at Tesco on way home or perhaps visit the nearby library 

as I say I don’t object to the new rules just the lack of publicity 

They aren't fines btw, they are speculative parking invoices. 

6 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

I don’t know of any supermarket car park with no restrictions.

Morrisons at Hillsborough is one example, I think.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, metalman said:

Morrisons at Hillsborough is one example, I think.

Despite the number of football fans parked in the top car park when Wednesday are at home.

All supermarkets that I know of have parking restrictions of some kind. I think its to deter park-and-ride activity/ car sharing and ensure parking spaces for customers.......or could just be a money making plan!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Meltman said:

All supermarkets that I know of have parking restrictions of some kind. I think its to deter park-and-ride activity/ car sharing and ensure parking spaces for customers.......or could just be a money making plan!

Never seen Teco's Infirmary Road car park anything like full even when it's prayer time at the nearby mosque.

• Haha 1

On 20/02/2024 at 22:32, Meltman said:

Like I have said it is not the new restrictions I have an issue with, although like Longcol I have never seen the car park anything like full, it is the lack of adequate publicity that the rules have changed. Yes they have the standard signs at the entrances and around the car park but how many regular users of a car park will think to read them just in case there has been a change.

9 minutes ago, BigAl1 said:

Like I have said it is not the new restrictions I have an issue with, although like Longcol I have never seen the car park anything like full, it is the lack of adequate publicity that the rules have changed. Yes they have the standard signs at the entrances and around the car park but how many regular users of a car park will think to read them just in case there has been a change.

What "publicity" do you think is sufficient in this case then? 

Put it on receipts? Nobody reads those either, and most people dont even bother.

Edited by HeHasRisen

On 20/02/2024 at 15:56, BigAl1 said:

You mean these signs? (Circled in red for your convenience). These ones are only the ones visible from Albert Terrace Road. via StreetView.  There are equally visible signs from Montgomery Terrace using the same method. 

If you don't see multiple bright blue signs appear in a car park where previously there weren't any then I wonder if you should be behind the wheel of a car given your observational skills are severely lacking. 

Also, the image attached was taken in July 2023 so they've been there a good 7 months, dispelling your assertion that it was 'sudden' 

tesir.png

Edited by Resident
  • Like 1