3 hours ago, pfifes said:

Places that are not overlooked are a magnet for anti social behaviour and crime.  There a road I know in a very nice area that has several places not overlooked.  There is regularly litter in those areas, vehicles have been dumped and the are now police notices warning people about car thefts in the area.  

3 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

And because of inadequate signage extra pollution is generated 

Or people ignoring signs.

• Like 2

Road tax should be cheaper because of the lack of roads due to this issue of blocking access with concrete bollards 

if the local community doesn’t like the extra cars travelling through maybe they should have bought a house somewhere else 

48 minutes ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

Road tax should be cheaper because of the lack of roads due to this issue of blocking access with concrete bollards 

if the local community doesn’t like the extra cars travelling through maybe they should have bought a house somewhere else 

If you don’t like the bollards maybe you should drive somewhere else? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

I do at my expense 

why should i pay more for less 

What expense? 

You don’t have an absolute right to use every road or an entitlement to the most direct route, no matter how much VED (as stated earlier, there is no ‘road tax’, per se) you pay.

If only 1% of current available roads were blocked off, you’d still have 99% of the roads to drive on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

A very defeatist approach to this issue

As opposed to a very ‘entitled’ approach to it, perhaps?

• Like 2

I’d argue the majority of road uses don’t want to be sat in traffic because local roads that have served previous generations well have been closed or blocked 

48 minutes ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

I’d argue the majority of road uses don’t want to be sat in traffic because local roads that have served previous generations well have been closed or blocked 

It could perhaps be counter argued that there are too many cars on the road nowadays — especially for nonessential short journeys.

As for being sat in traffic — how long is the increase to the journey? Statistics from the recent measures near Abbeydale Road, which people complained to be the worst affected by measures, showed an average increase of time taken down Abbeydale Road (northbound) to be just 35 seconds. Is 35 extra seconds really that much of an issue?

Not to mention that over time the measures would hopefully encourage less of the non-essential short journeys, meaning the roads actually open up more for those making the longer, necessary journeys and potentially having a net-positive effect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

The studies that have been done around low traffic neighbourhoods show that there aren’t any additional delays to traffic on the streets on their periphery.

So, there isn’t an issue.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

The studies that have been done around low traffic neighbourhoods show that there aren’t any additional delays to traffic on the streets on their periphery.

So, there isn’t an issue.

That told him good and proper . Thank you Mr Miskell . 😀