Council Tennant's Rubbish Disposal , Who To Contact ?

First post for a while. 

I'm gonna leave things vague as I want advice on where to take this official

I'm involved with someone ( not relationship wise ) who are very dirty folk. They are disposing ( throwing out of window which bursts on impact ) domestic rubbish ( food , beer cans , sanitary products etc... ) out of the rear bedroom window in garden waste sacks , this now has reached about 45 of them over several months. As you can imagine it's like Ritz hotel for every rat for miles. The folk are council tenants and have reported this to they fly tipping with Sheffield council but it's been 8 months and still happening so they are not following it up. 

Where do I turn or go with this , I have looked on SCC website and I can't seem to find anything other than fly tipping or ASBO but ASBO seems to refer to incidents that need a crime number 

Any help with this would be cracking. 

1 minute ago, Eric_Collins said:

First post for a while. 

I'm involved with someone ( not relationship wise ) who are very dirty folk. They are disposing ( throwing out of window which bursts on impact ) domestic rubbish ( food , beer cans , sanitary products etc... ) out of the rear bedroom window in garden waste sacks , this now has reached about 45 of them over several months. As you can imagine it's like Ritz hotel for every rat for miles. The folk are council tenants and have reported this to they fly tipping with Sheffield council but it's been 8 months and still happening so they are not following it up. 

Where do I turn or go with this , I have looked on SCC website and I can't seem to find anything other than fly tipping or ASBO but ASBO seems to refer to incidents that need a crime number 

I would have a word with your local councillor. As council tenants, they have a tenancy agreement with them, which, IIRC, includes not defacing their surroundings.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Eric_Collins said:

First post for a while. 

Hi Eric.

Have you involved environmental health? They’ll deal with the rats and possibly trigger a more satisfactory response from other council departments.

It all sounds horrible 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Eric_Collins said:

They are disposing ( throwing out of window which bursts on impact ) domestic rubbish ( food , beer cans , sanitary products etc... ) out of the rear bedroom window in garden waste sacks , this now has reached about 45 of them over several months. As you can imagine it's like Ritz hotel for every rat for miles. The folk are council tenants and have reported this to they fly tipping with Sheffield council but it's been 8 months and still happening so they are not following it up. 

I believe it would be the councils own housing team that would deal with this. I have a problem in my area getting a tenant to clear waste from their garden.

My issue has been on-going for over six months.

Perhaps environmental health would be the next department to contact.

50 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I would have a word with your local councillor. As council tenants, they have a tenancy agreement with them, which, IIRC, includes not defacing their surroundings.

just mailed him with several proof photos 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric_Collins said:

just mailed him with several proof photos 

Hope he's as good as ours. Best of luck.

they went to the extreme of stealing bins on a bin day and filling them with rubbish , they then erected a 6ft fence in front of them to hide them between the rear boundary wall. I mean to go to all that much trouble and cost for a fence they could have paid the council to collect them , it staggers belief. 

They sound like total idiots  ........  and filthy ones too.  Nobody should have to put up with that.  Hope you get it sorted soon.

4 hours ago, Eric_Collins said:

First post for a while. 

Had similar about 10 years ago when we lived in Sheffield - as well as domestic rubbish we had carpets, furniture and a  TV chucked from a flat onto a pathway.

Rang the area housing office and it was dealt with promptly - as was the next two times it happened. Didn't see the tenant again, presumably evicted.