Scumbag, Racist Fans At It Again.

13 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Barry Bannan says Sheffield Wednesday prepared to walk off the pitch if they hear racism because football must get 'stronger' on it

I heard Bannan say this on the radio but he also said he'd be prepared to do it for SWFC team mates.  A massive gesture would be to also do it if an opposition player suffered racist taunts or language from SWFC supporters.  Can't see that happening? 

Having said that, it shouldn't be down to the players, the FA should issue guidelines. 

Edited by Baron99

Folk suggesting that owls fans applaud Palmer tonight.

😂

Edited by Al Bundy

21 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

No problem with banning the racist Wednesdayite, but what about this?

https://x.com/OldRoberts953/status/1753533821935403492?s=20

The strong shall rule the earth, the weak will be enslaved, it's human nature. We seem to be sinking like a stone in a lake. Ripe to be taken over, not quite yet, but it will surely come.

You could  actually see some similarities with the fall of the Roman Empire. Have a look at the link.

https://www.history.com/news/8-reasons-why-rome-fell

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

I believe that those dystopian films show what the human race is going to end up like, the world has gone mad.

The Premier League set up a unit to trawl through social media posts to root out racist fans. Fair enough if they’re breaking the law but in this case they reported a fan to Newcastle for something else which wasn’t breaking the law.
Newcastle should have told the Prem to shove it but kowtowed to them.

45 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Sheffield Wednesday: FA charges Owls with misconduct over racist abuse by fan https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68357547

Ridiculous. 

I have to agree with you there, that's ludicrous! 

Is there one football club in this country - or any other country for that matter - that doesn't have some lamebrain pathetic no marks supporting them?

No there isn't, it's both sad and pathetic but it's not the fault of the club or other supporters who are not involved and nowhere near the incident (s) when they take place. What were Wednesday expected to do about that idiot? No doubt he'll now be banned but unless clubs are supposed to insist on lie detector tests before issuing tickets I can't see what can be done about it.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to wait while the situation was settled, then publicise the lifetime ban the idiot probably receives from the club in an attempt to deter other racists from doing the same?

This makes it look as if the club is responsible, how?

45 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Sheffield Wednesday: FA charges Owls with misconduct over racist abuse by fan https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68357547

Ridiculous. 

Edited by m williamson
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

Ridiculous. 

Why charge the club???

The club (indeed any club) cannot control what’s its supporters say, shout, or gesticulate.

Agreed - Ridiculous.

Edited by PapaLazarou
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

Why charge the club???

The club (indeed any club) cannot control what’s its supporters say, shout, or gesticulate.

Agreed - Ridiculous.

I'd love to hear the prosecutors summing up of the charge. 

" So, are you telling us that you allowed over 25,000 people into your stadium without vetting each and every one of them for their opinions on race, religion and politics"?

" This is totally unacceptable behaviour, which exposes the general public to situations which may cause offence. "

" We are calling for a £4 million pound fine and a twenty point deduction.  It's true that Man City have just been absolved of any blame in their 150+ charge case, even though it was completely under their control, because of a technicality, but we believe this case is far more serious and we demand the ultimate sanction. "

• Like 2

On 20/01/2024 at 21:27, Ronson said:

Absolutely spot on. I'm with you and now commit to not levelling any personal insults at anyone else on the site as long as all the usual suspects do the same.

Won't last I know, that's all they have as their crumby little club doesn't have anything to spout about that's why they revert to type.

Amazing how the garbage has vanished since these two eloped.

• Like 2