Smashed Hob.

So my hob was broken over Christmas 🙄

It now has a hole in the top so it's been disconnected whilst it's sorted. Anyway, engineer turns up last week, looks at it, says "it's broken" (cheers mate, I didn't know) and it will need replacing. 

I get a text today telling me the spare parts needed are out of stock and they'll contact me when it's available. It's turning into a bit of a pain, but anyway. My question is, is the glass on induction hobs replaceable? I can't seem to get a straight answer from Candy/Hoover and the tinternets isn't telling me much.

Cheers..

Oh, sorry. Almost forgot.

Your thoughts? 

Edited by The_DADDY

Just replace the thing, the cheap brands are pretty much disposable items.  Depending where it's been smashed, how hard the hit was you might have damaged the magnets inside.

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

It now has a hole in the top so it's been disconnected whilst it's sorted. Anyway, engineer turns up last week, looks at it, says "it's broken" (cheers mate, I didn't know) and it will need replacing. 

I get a text today telling me the spare parts needed are out of stock and they'll contact me when it's available. It's turning into a bit of a pain, but anyway. My question is, is the glass on induction hobs replaceable? I can't seem to get a straight answer from Candy/Hoover and the tinternets isn't telling me much.

Cheers..

Your thoughts? 

54 minutes ago, mafya said:

You can buy them for candy hobs if that’s the one you need=

https://www.candy-spares.co.uk/search.pl?query=Induction+hob+glass

Cheers for the link Mafya. I've emailed them now to see if they are compatible. 

Much appreciated matey 👍 

55 minutes ago, geared said:

Just replace the thing, the cheap brands are pretty much disposable items.  Depending where it's been smashed, how hard the hit was you might have damaged the magnets inside.

It has a hole around 2" wide and 3" long and I can see the inner workings through the hole 😬.

Only had the thing just over a year too. 

As for replacing it it's insured so I don't want to shell out for a new one unless they are going to continue dicking me around. Not sure I'm willing to wait the 28 days it could take to resolve though. 

9 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

Another barnstorming post from our favourite lush.

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Cheers..

Your thoughts? 

Buy a new one they are easy ti fit make sure it's same size ....

11 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

It has a hole around 2" wide and 3" long and I can see the inner workings through the hole 😬.

They're quite delicate, I had two in a row from AO that were broken in the box.  Bits of broken magnet and whatnot ratting around inside.

Assume they'd dropped an entire pallet of them at a warehouse, picked off the ones that didn't seem damaged.

2 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Buy a new one they are easy ti fit make sure it's same size ....

I did exactly that when I smashed one.  Bought the exact same model to make the swap, wiring and stuff simple.  

11 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Another barnstorming post from our favourite lush.

Cheers Wisey, I’m flattered.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Cheers Wisey, I’m flattered.

You should be.

👍