The Chinese Buffets in Sheffield thread- all discussion in here please

No.1 is huge that's why it never appears full i prefer No.1 to Wokmania havent tried jumbos yet though

Personally I think they are all terrible. The food is very greasy so its hard to stomach a lot. I've been to slightly more 'upmarket' all you can eat's (£15.99) in other towns where you get at table service, food is cooked to order and everything tastes amazing. Having tried both Wokmania and Jumbos a few times, I cannot say I'm impressed with either

There is one at Centretainment place, forgot its name, its very classy compared to jumbos and Wokmania, about £10 a head and lovely

There is one at Centretainment place, forgot its name, its very classy compared to jumbos and Wokmania, about £10 a head and lovely

Flaming Dragon.

Huge Buffet and cook to order too (Teryaki I think it's called. Something like that). It's a bit out of town but better and has much more choice of meat, vegetarian options and fish. Crispy duck is available in the price too.

Ps. no I dont work there It's just a preference (just refering to previous accusations from other restaurant recommendations) .

My opinion..

Jumbo's - Greasy and has a funny smell :(

Number 1 - Better food, large open dining area, tables can be pushed together

Wokmania - Nice restaurant, great children's price (free child per paying adult) but the food isn't as good as Number 1

Never been to Flaming Dragon so if anyone wants to take me..... lol

x

Don't do it!

A friend wanted to so we went to Jumbo's the other night. It was fine but that's about it. To be honest, I wasn't expecting too much but I certainly wasn't horrified. My main thought was that it cost quite a bit for what it was.

I suppose it depends if you want to gorge yourself but I spent about the same (including a drink etc) as I do at East One which always leaves me full enough anyway and where I find the food much nicer.

I was surprised at how much it cost because the all you can eat buffet I go to whenever I'm in London for work is much nicer in terms of food and atmosphere and only costs 6.50...and that's just off Oxford Street. Seeing the prices of Wokmania as well, I guess I'm waiting to hear reviews that say the money is really worth it.

Maybe I just need to eat more?

Edited by Venkman

Anybody know what the difference is between The Grand Buffet and The Hot Pot Buffet at No.1 Oriental Buffet?

Besides 4 quid extra.

Anybody know what the difference is between The Grand Buffet and The Hot Pot Buffet at No.1 Oriental Buffet?

Besides 4 quid extra.

With the Grand Buffet you keep ordering dishes of the menu what they cook to order, I think you can order 4 dishes at a time.

The Hot Pot Buffet is raw fish and meat that you cook yourself in a large soup based pot in the middle of the table. A bit like fondu.

With the Grand Buffet you keep ordering dishes of the menu what they cook to order, I think you can order 4 dishes at a time.

The Hot Pot Buffet is raw fish and meat that you cook yourself in a large soup based pot in the middle of the table. A bit like fondu.

Cheers for that :)

I thought the Flaming Dragon was the best of the buffets in Sheffield, although the competition isn't exactly tough...

Kinaara - 261 staniforth rd - indian, thai and chinese buffet