Blades 2 O'Clock Press Conference.

Looks like changes ahead I can't see anyone capable of sorting this mess out without substantial financial backing.

Hadn't they cancelled this one?

25 minutes ago, geared said:

Hadn't they cancelled this one?

Not sure Pal.

5 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

GAgiJI_WQAA80sX.jpg

Not working Tom.

According to SSN, 2pm is cancelled, PH and SM have left the club and CW is in a meeting with them now.

2 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Looks like changes ahead I can't see anyone capable of sorting this mess out without substantial financial backing.

Agree with you & this is the argument against how the Blades have been playing.  Despite all his moans, Heckingbottom knew what he had to work with when he signed his 5 year contract. 

Whoever takes over next is going to have a similar problem.  For someone who wants to sell the club, the Prince has a funny way of doing business.  Don't invest like your competitors, watch the club fail, its value fall but still expect to sell it for dollar. 

According  to media reports, Wilder & Knill are in talks today about a return.

10 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

According  to media reports, Wilder & Knill are in talks today about a return.

I find it odd that this duo, who did great for us but then left complaining that no money was available when we had injuries after promotion  should even consider coming back when Hecky has faced the same problems, and again no money was forthcoming.

• Like 1

Heckingbottom, McCall and Lester were dealt a shocking hand at the start of the season and inevitably they have paid the price. Results have been bad but performances have been awful and that’s why they had to go.

Wilder ( or whoever)  is gonna have an almost impossible job of keeping this lot in the Prem but the least we expect is the players put a shift in …. I’m sure Wilder will make sure they do 

18 minutes ago, Thirsty Relic said:

I find it odd that this duo, who did great for us but then left complaining that no money was available when we had injuries after promotion  should even consider coming back when Hecky has faced the same problems, and again no money was forthcoming.

Money . Money . Money ,laughing all the way to the Bank, Followed by badge kissing 

46 minutes ago, atticus said:

Heckingbottom, McCall and Lester were dealt a shocking hand at the start of the season and inevitably they have paid the price. Results have been bad but performances have been awful and that’s why they had to go.

Wilder ( or whoever)  is gonna have an almost impossible job of keeping this lot in the Prem but the least we expect is the players put a shift in …. I’m sure Wilder will make sure they do 

My bold. 

Yes they were, especially with the sale of Ndiye.  Watching the Blades' forwards this season, it's clear through the fact that when Ndiye was playing, he usually had 2 men marking him, taking 1 out of the game.   McBurnie, if I was the opposing manager, I'd tell my team, don't bother, history says he'll not even get close to the ball let alone score.  If anyone needs offloading, its McBurnie.  We could use his wages to give to a professional footballer. 

But signing the new contract, Heckingbottom knew what squad he had to play with & when push came to shove, we've rolled over to teams, even at home, from the bottom end of the Premiership, who are in a similar situation to us, 

I'm sure that Heckingbottom is a decent bloke, that's how he comes across. 

I've not heard anything coming out of BDTBL in the last few days of McBurnie being hit by a tea cup in the dressing room at half time, for letting his side down after Heckingbottom, threw an Alex Ferguson style rant & I reckon that's one of the problems.  He doesn't / didn't seem to be able to gee them up.  

Personally I'd have brought Warnock in for the remainder of the season but I'll welcome Wilder & Knill back.  The only other alternative I was hearing being mentioned at the Bournemouth game was Allardyce, no thanks. 

Edited by Baron99