Meadowhead New Football/Rugby Ground Plus More

4 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Think you need some better bait. Both League clubs are sh*holes, lest we forget one now has an abandoned hotel taking up one corner of it. 

Work had started on the hotel at Bramall Lane, on the cladding , Hilton are the new operator.

4 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Well look what I've managed to reel in. 

I dont support either Sheffield club btw, so not really. Both grounds are garbage.

will let you know the lib/dem survey on this issue ,when the result is released.it was mention by many that rugby clubs often go bankcrupt so that seems a worry how does a cricket thats non-profit and a football club survive minus the rugby? but the music ideas great.

On 09/12/2023 at 08:50, ThePilot said:

If it isn't worthwhile, why did SCC buy the site?

Developers (including the council) land-bank all the time, i.e. buy the land now and sit on it until a development becomes viable once the potential returns outweigh the costs. It might be the land is cheaper to obtain now than if they tried to buy it further down the line etc.

On 10/12/2023 at 20:09, AndrewC said:

Developers (including the council) land-bank all the time, i.e. buy the land now and sit on it until a development becomes viable once the potential returns outweigh the costs. It might be the land is cheaper to obtain now than if they tried to buy it further down the line etc.

be interested to know where they are...

On 10/12/2023 at 21:09, AndrewC said:

Hasn't the former RAF site been in public ownership for years - an RAF site since 1915. AFAIK when it ceased to be used by the RAF it then passed to the NHS - in the 70's it was planned to be the site for Sheffield's third DGH (Hallamshire and NGH the other two). Since those plans have been well and truly shelved it would have made sense to pass the title of the land to another public body - in this case the council - unless title still rests with the NHS.

going back to the subject Sheffield FC have booked  in at the lowedges festival on sun aug 11th 2024 now its been saved by the local LAC LIB/DEMS ,so we will see how the traffic problem can be resolved at our event,as i have said the ideas are good,but its the traffic problem. 

a intresting thing happened sun evening ,going on lowedges road to enter the dual carrage way ,as i was about to enter the corner,a stupid mad driver came from the opposite side via a bus only lane ,did a quick u turn just missing me and excelerated towards meadowhead,now as many use the bus lane entrance onto lowedges road and the new entrance to the new ground,how many will decide to take a short cut and not go to the bottom roundabout and come back ,and do what that idiot did?

• Like 1

Well the Norton pub will do well out of this. Shame it's a crap pub.

BEER was great a couple of weeks ago and the steak was good,so no complaints from me