The Flu. How Do You Deal With It?

18 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

So I've got the flu from my awesome caring sharing daughter. Woke up yesterday feeling drained, bad cough, aches etc. She's off the gym for a few days, my lad has started with it too.

My way to deal with it is......

Plenty of Vitamin C, warm lemon honey and whiskey, plenty of fluids, eat clean and my famous (in our house anyway) chicken and veg soup.

A few days of this and I'll be right as rain.

How do you deal with the Flu?

Have a run around the garden and work a good sweat up  and then a good rub down with the yard brush.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cressida said:

Had the flu jab but have got notification for the Covid one,  not sure what to decide.

For years Cressida I was invited for a flu jab but declined my reasoning being that I am relatively fit and have always managed to avoid catching the virus. I thought give my dose to a more vulnerable person, I don’t need it.

Then Covid raised its ugly head and I decided that I’d perhaps better start having both vaccinations.

I’ve had Covid, which was more like a mild cold, but fingers crossed, never had flu yet.

Now I see so many needles each year that with a few pins thrown in it’s like being a member of the Searchers! Remember them?

echo.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MyFriendStan said:

... Have a run around the garden and work a good sweat up...

Good luck with that.  Last time I had flu - proper flu, not silly man flu -  I saw giant fuzzy bugs crawling in the corners of the ceiling and could barely get out of bed to stumble to the bathroom to puke. 

1 minute ago, Hecate said:

Good luck with that.  Last time I had flu - proper flu, not silly man flu -  I saw giant fuzzy bugs crawling in the corners of the ceiling and could barely get out of bed to stumble to the bathroom to puke. 

:thumbsup:

On 08/11/2023 at 21:26, Hecate said:

Yup - proper flu then they wouldn't be posting on SF.

• Like 1

On 08/11/2023 at 22:26, Hecate said:

I had a few of those pills back in my younger days!

5 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I had a few of those pills back in my younger days!

All sorts of stuff in Lemsip these days.

On 07/11/2023 at 21:20, hackey lad said:

If I remember correctly ,a nurse told me Vitamin D is the only one worth taking . All the others are a waste of time .

She also told me the trick with the garlic .

Surprised you fell for the garlic up the jacksie trick.

On 07/11/2023 at 21:20, hackey lad said:

If I remember correctly ,a nurse told me Vitamin D is the only one worth taking . All the others are a waste of time .

She also told me the trick with the garlic .

If any ladies on the Forum suffer from Cold/Flu.

They will need a dose of Vitamin Me.

1 hour ago, retep said:

Surprised you fell for the garlic up the jacksie trick.

That was a joke

1 hour ago, Padders said:

If any ladies on the Forum suffer from Cold/Flu.

They will need a dose of Vitamin Me.

😀 That’s true. Seeing you in your underneath pants would make them forget about any illness.