COVID THREAD

4 minutes ago, Findlay said:

Parents with 11 year old children are dying at one per week at the moment locally.

I'm not sure of their vaccination status but I would like the NHS to prioritise vaccinated patients over unvaccinated patients.

I know everyone is treated equally but vaccinations are the best defence we have and every opportunity to enforce that needs to be taken.

I'm sorry to hear that for both the children and parents. 

But you've given no context.

Are you saying these children died of covid?

How many 11 yr old children die in a week normally? 

What does 'locally' mean geographiccally, and what is the population regarding 11yr olds.

I'm not being unsympathetic, but do you see these numbers for comparison are important?

9 minutes ago, Findlay said:

Parents with 11 year old children are dying at one per week at the moment locally.

I'm not sure of their vaccination status but I would like the NHS to prioritise vaccinated patients over unvaccinated patients.

I know everyone is treated equally but vaccinations are the best defence we have and every opportunity to enforce that needs to be taken.

Your first line makes no sense and your last one is absurd, no medical treatment should be enforced.

28 minutes ago, Findlay said:

What if the unvaccinated patients have three 11 year old children, or five. Just leave them to die, out of spite?

Edited by fools

That post from Findlay is indicative of how bonkers and polarised this country has become.

Two years ago, how many people would have said people who smoke should pay for their own cancer treatment, or have it refused full stop? Certainly wouldnt be the same or higher percentage for non vaxxed people being treated for covid.

Absolutely ridiculous suggestion.

57 minutes ago, fools said:

delete your 75% post, it's misinformation. That source is ridiculous, read it.

I watched a msm report last night, they showed a clip of someone apparently following the new covid passport rules at a venue - the ipad they were using to scan the QR code had a date on it .. Feb 24th or thereabouts. The same msm programme regularly trots out the same nurses walking in the same corridor, as if they are happening today. You are being misled.

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/doctors-incredibly-frustrated-unvaccinated-covid-patients-delaying-nhs-operations-1336507

No I won’t be deleting it.

I agree with Tops that great effort is being put into encouraging people to get their vaccines.

However as an admirer and supporter of vaccines I have no problem with that.

Why have a vaccine at all if it does not prevent serious complications in the majority of cases.

13 minutes ago, RJRB said:

No I won’t be deleting it.

It is untrue, so why won't you delete it.

10 minutes ago, fools said:

It is untrue, so why won't you delete it.

It’s a published article  so agree or disagree as you choose.

10 minutes ago, RJRB said:

It’s a published article  so agree or disagree as you choose.

You haven't provided a link to any published article that backs up your statement, because there isn't one. The statement is not true.

btw some bloke on the telly doesn't cut it.

Edited by fools

1 hour ago, sibon said:

Scotland and Wales are small compared to, say Germany. Germany is small compared to Africa. So I'm unsure what your point is.

I'll leave you to reflect upon the numbers i gifted you, along with the complexity of virological mathematics.

If, on reflection, you are still convinced that reducing a complex problem to a single factor is legitimate, rather than misleading, I'd be fascinated by your detailed reasoning.

Until then, its just a chunk of confirmation bias dressed up as number soup.

Not really, it's about numbers, statistically the bigger the numbers in the data the more likely to is to be accurate.

Nobody has yet explained to us how, after being told England was being "grossly irresponsible" by getting rid of masks etc in July and how  Wales and Scotland were being responsible and doing the right thing, England's Covid figures are not just no worse than Wales & Scotland, but actually better.

5 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Nobody has yet explained

Nobody knows, and that includes you.

Edited by fools

Guest sibon
3 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Not really, it's about numbers, statistically the bigger the numbers in the data the more likely to is to be accurate.

Nobody has yet explained to us how, after being told England was being "grossly irresponsible" by getting rid of masks etc in July and how  Wales and Scotland were being responsible and doing the right thing, England's Covid figures are not just no worse than Wales & Scotland, but actually better.

You first sentence is so incorrect that any further discussion is pointless.

You still haven't explained why you believe that it is reasonable to reduce a complex interaction to a single variable. Maybe its because you cannot.

1 hour ago, Findlay said:

What does locally mean ?

Hillsborough ?

Or London ?

Did you know that in the UK, on average, about 1700 people die everyday ?

TBH this sounds like a made up statistic anyway. All people saying stuff like this should put on the reference (even if it's sometimes deleted as being repetitious....).

2 minutes ago, sibon said:

>>Not really, it's about numbers, statistically the bigger the numbers in the data the more likely to is to be accurate.<<

You first sentence is so incorrect that any further discussion is pointless.

I cannot believe you have said that.