Cattery needed - any suggestion?

Hi, we're going away in September for our honeymoon so we're thinking to use a cattery for our monster.

Usually he is fed by our neighbours, but we feel like is too much to ask them and is also a long time for the cat to be home and alone, we're afraid he may decide to run away.

Do you have any suggestion for a really good cattery, I am really concerned of leaving him, I think I will go to check a few, but would be helpful to have some pointers. :help: :help: :help:

Thanks

we usually send our cats to Morningside cattery at ecclesfield it's a lovely place.

I'll send you their address and number.

We've not had to put Sadie in a cattery yet but if we do she will go to Westwood Cattery at High green, it is run by a lady called Kate and my mum has taken her cat and the one before it there for years.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, will try to ring them :)

We use Morningside Cattery too.

If i remember rightly there is a open day event fund raiser sort of thing coming up - or might have missed it. Might be an idea time to go and look.

Amanda

Note: Sticky - as it's a popular question at this time of year

I'm now reconsidering the cattery option - in the past we had a cat sitter coming to our house and she was lovely and monster looked happy when we were back. What I was thinking is maybe to leave him home with the catflap closed, so he cannot go out but he has all the house to himself to play and sleep, and then having the same woman coming along to feed him and change his litter tray. I was thinking to not let him out in case he feels abandoned and decides to move somewhere else. Do you think 4 weeks is a long time and a cattery would be better? I'm really confused and not sure what would be better for him. Any suggestion? :help:

Locking the cat flap doesnt work with my cat - he knows it opens so he pushes it so hard it opens, but them cant get back in.

Didnt realise your holiday was for 4 weeks, thats a tricky one! I cant imagine my cat in a cattery for 4 weeks, I hate leaving him there for a week.

Can you not get someone to house sit for you?

ring waggy tails they do visits and are good honest people, they do purrfect solutions where they call 2 times aday and its less stressful for you pets:)

they are only based down the road in woodseats:)

try 0114 2550 308 or 07990 903773

or pm me with a contact number

Willow Tree Cattery

29 Station Rd., Spinkhill. Tel. 01246 433 324.

Highly recommended. No dogs. You'll have to book early, though.

Bear in mind a cat's sense of time is not like ours. It will be harder on you than the cat.

I think maybe a house sitter or someone dropping by to feed the cat and play with it for say half an hour morning and night would be a good option. I'd hate to have to leave an animal of mine in a cattery or a kennel for any amount of time. Lol but thats just my opinion I guess..