Pond Street Closed Off 04/07/2023

28 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

like i said an attention seeker or criminal.

You are also a criminal.

We established that a few weeks ago, if you remember.

There’s an outside chance that you are an attention seeker too

Edited by Prettytom
  • Haha 3

It was a real nightmare yesterday. The policemen were directing people through the car park of Pond's Forge, I wonder if they had permission from Pond's Forge management to do that. I walked from the train station to the north end of the Interchange and had to double back on myself to get up to High Street! I stood at Odeon to see if I could see anything but all I saw was a policeman and a paramedic.

Does anyone remember when that window cleaner got stuck on the side of Milton House on Moorhead? There was a lot of publicity at the time.

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

It was a real nightmare yesterday. The policemen were directing people through the car park of Pond's Forge, I wonder if they had permission from Pond's Forge management to do that. I walked from the train station to the north end of the Interchange and had to double back on myself to get up to High Street! I stood at Odeon to see if I could see anything but all I saw was a policeman and a paramedic.

Does anyone remember when that window cleaner got stuck on the side of Milton House on Moorhead? There was a lot of publicity at the time.

I think you might find the authorities - in this case SYP - don't need permission if they feel it necessary   for safety/control reasons, although I doubt 'Ponds Forge management' would be too concerned.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Prettytom said:

You are also a criminal.

We established that a few weeks ago, if you remember.

There’s an outside chance that you are an attention seeker too

really?????

18 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

really?????

Oh yes.

It was on that thread about the electric scooters. 

1 minute ago, Prettytom said:

Oh yes.

It was on that thread about the electric scooters. 

ah speeding in a car is a civil offence not criminal unless it goes to court!!!

I'm pretty sure when I left work at aprox. 1pm I saw the same bloke at the building site opposite the Penny Black again. He was making a nuisance of himself trying to kick passing cars etc.

21 minutes ago, olilew said:

I'm pretty sure when I left work at aprox. 1pm I saw the same bloke at the building site opposite the Penny Black again. He was making a nuisance of himself trying to kick passing cars etc.

Do you work near there?

Heard from an unreliable source, two old pee pots who use the Penny Black ,  that the bloke was the crane driver and he was protesting about not getting paid  and it’s not the first time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What are they actually building there anyway? 

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

What are they actually building there anyway? 

I hear its going to be an LGBTQQIP2SA establishment with bars, pole dancing, 2 strip clubs and even a small library for the Drag Queen Story time thing. 

• Haha 2