Why Should People Vote Labour In May ?

2 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Why don’t you go and find out if you don’t like where you live.

Did I say I don't like where I live?

3 minutes ago, cytine said:

Did I say I don't like where I live?

You did say ‘I'm in a hard and fast Labour area’, whatever that means. What did you mean by that?

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

You did say ‘I'm in a hard and fast Labour area’, whatever that means. What did you mean by that?

I know and you know and cytine knows. 

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

You know what it means. you're just being pedantic (do you know what that means?)

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

I know and you know and cytine knows. 

1 minute ago, cytine said:

You know what it means. you're just being pedantic (do you know what that means?)

Are you two vying for the role of the Riddler at the Hackenthorpe Vestry Hall adaptation of Batman for the Pantomime?

Just now, Mister Gee said:

Are you two vying for the role of the Riddler at the Hackenthorpe Vestry Hall adaptation of Batman for the Pantomime?

Are you up for the role of the Joker ?  Who will get your vote tomorrow?

Been to vote this morning. No idea who the candidates are or anything about them. One didn't even give his address.

22 minutes ago, cytine said:

Been to vote this morning. No idea who the candidates are or anything about them. One didn't even give his address.

It's ridiculous isn't it?

If you don't happen to live in a marginal no effort is made to inform, you get very little information, (if any) and your vote is just taken for granted. But to be honest, much of the information via leaflets etc is pretty useless anyway.

You can find a bit out for yourself via various websites but it's not easy.

The government is putting much more emphasis on local councils to do the business, (but with very little money to do it) so we need really good, honest, hardworking and competent councillors. The voter needs much more information to be able to assess the competitors / parties / and what they intend to do.

I have long been asking for official public CV's for each candidate, and this year I actually got one! It wasn't perfect, but that's the candidate who got my vote. Would-be politicians take note! 

And voters; take an interest in politics, Local and National.   IT'S IMPORTANT!  

Whenever I get the urge to vote I tune in to Wednesday’s ‘Question Time’, that normally does the trick. 😉

• Like 1

When will the results be announced ?

Its great to see so far Reform UK and UK Independence party have failed to gain a single seat after 70 councils have been counted, lot to go though.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, crookesey said:

Whenever I get the urge to vote I tune in to Wednesday’s ‘Question Time’, that normally does the trick. 😉

Do you get to watch it the day before its filmed and broadcast? A neat trick.