Sign in to follow this  

Is There Any Need For Another Starbucks?

Everyone above the manager is in denial to staff that this is happening and they know nothing about it. Work has started on the grounds but is there any way of finding out when the demolition will happen? 

https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?keyVal=RIIK3ONYM6S00&activeTab=summary

Bit hard to be in denial to the staff when its public knowledge.

No.

There's one at the bottom of Fargate, one at what used to be Carbrook Hall in Attercliffe, I believe there's one in Hillsborough as well somewhere, and obviously at Meadowhall.

To be fair, their coffee's not bad though.

Although Cavells on High St's cheaper.

• Like 1

I tried Costa coffee once.

Eugh.. It's vile. I had to lick a tramp just to get the taste out of my mouth 🤮

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, XPertByExperien said:

No.

There's one at the bottom of Fargate, one at what used to be Carbrook Hall in Attercliffe, I believe there's one in Hillsborough as well somewhere, and obviously at Meadowhall.

To be fair, their coffee's not bad though.

Although Cavells on High St's cheaper.

You forgot Tudor Square, and Western Bank,  there's also 2 at Attercliffe (Attercliffe common, and Cricket Inn Road), also Cineworld, and 2 in Meadowhall, one at Drakehouse, one at Swallownest, 2 at Woodall!! ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

You forgot Tudor Square, and Western Bank,  there's also 2 at Attercliffe (Attercliffe common, and Cricket Inn Road), also Cineworld, and 2 in Meadowhall, one at Drakehouse, one at Swallownest, 2 at Woodall!! ;)

They wouldnt put them in if they didnt think people wouldnt use it.

They're also building one at Ecclesfield (current building frame is already being built) alongside a Greggs and some other shops.

Planning applications have also gone in for both a Starbucks and another coffee shop drive-thru adjacent at Sheffield Road, beside Ickles Roundabout (A630/A6178 junction) in Rotherham.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Michael_N said:

They're also building one at Ecclesfield (current building frame is already being built) alongside a Greggs and some other shops.

Planning applications have also gone in for both a Starbucks and another coffee shop drive-thru adjacent at Sheffield Road, beside Ickles Roundabout (A630/A6178 junction) in Rotherham.

That'll probably on the Morrisons complex next door to Ecclesfield cop shop.

15 minutes ago, XPertByExperien said:

No it's not - its next to Aldi

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Bit hard to be in denial to the staff when its public knowledge.

I agree and as I said the work is starting on the grounds but still EG group tell the staff that it is not. I presume EG are afraid the staff will start looking for work elsewhere if they admit to it.

18 minutes ago, Ashcroft said:

I agree and as I said the work is starting on the grounds but still EG group tell the staff that it is not. I presume EG are afraid the staff will start looking for work elsewhere if they admit to it.

Be a shame if someone went in there with a printout of the planning application then, wouldnt it? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, XPertByExperien said:

It's further up on the former garage at the junction of The Common and Church Street (next to Aldi).

Believe the former offices at Ecclesfield Police Station are still to become a 24hr McDonald's drive thru. Understand Stagecoach have sold part of their land to allow an access road to be constructed from the existing bus depot access road. Can't wait for the fun of buses and McDonald's traffic starting to mix, if indeed true!  :hihi: