Sheffield Becoming A 15 Minute City

38 minutes ago, Axel said:

Oh dear....

It's an interview with business owners in the area.

Did you watch, or would you prefer the Youtube link?

There ya go....just for you

Interviews with Neepsend business owners objecting to the 15 minute city plan there in Sheffield.

Still not interested thanks.

A camcorder video from a political activist with a couple of hundred subscribers is not exactly journalistic relevance.  Even less so when it's clickbait title is a load of crap.

Considering there is not any official announcement or policy that Sheffield is going to be introducing 15-minute zones the road changes the traders are whinging about is nothing to do with it.

Come back to me when something actually gets officially proposed and there's something to talk about.  

In the meantime, it's just a load of hysterics looking for something that's not there

Edited by ECCOnoob

27 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

A camcorder video from a political activist with a couple of hundred subscribers is not exactly journalistic relevance.  Even less so when it's clickbait title is a load of crap.

Considering there is not any official announcement or policy that Sheffield is going to be introducing 15-minute zones the road changes the traders are whinging about is nothing to do with it.

Come back to me when something actually gets officially proposed and there's something to talk about.  

In the meantime, it's just a load of hysterics looking for something that's not there

Even if there was, some people seem to have major difficulty actually understanding what they actually are.

27 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Hmmm... :huh:

I'm a bit surprised at YOU, Mr Noob!

It might not be a 'professionally made' video, but that doesn't make the concerns of the local workers any less important.

I agree that a lot of their 'worries' MAY be unnecessary, but the fact that they have these concerns at all is caused by the fact that only a few gullible people still believe or trust anything they're told by SCC. :roll:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

I'm a bit surprised at YOU, Mr Noob!

It might not be a 'professionally made' video, but that doesn't make the concerns of the local workers any less important.

I agree that a lot of their 'worries' MAY be unnecessary, but the fact that they have these concerns at all is caused by the fact that only a few gullible people still believe or trust anything they're told by SCC. :roll:

They are concerns about long proposed traffic reduction measures, road layout changes and new cycleways in their area.   They are sweet FA to do with any 15 minute zone because no such thing exists or has even been proposed in Sheffield.

Thus the fake title and supposed point of the attention seeking video from Mr. Activist is completely irrelevant.

If said person had a genuine credible concern regards the impact of traffic calming to the businesses, why didn't he just say so. Why make up crap? 

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

They are concerns about long proposed traffic reduction measures, road layout changes and new cycleways in their area.   They are sweet FA to do with any 15 minute zone because no such thing exists or has even been proposed in Sheffield.

Thus the fake title and supposed point of the attention seeking video from Mr. Activist is completely irrelevant.

If said person had a genuine credible concern regards the impact of traffic calming to the businesses, why didn't he just say so. Why make up crap? 

And HOW would YOU know all that...

... if you've not watched the video? :confused: