Sheffield Becoming A 15 Minute City

IF YOU DRIVE IN SHEFFIELD THIS CONCERN YOU!!

Sheffield City Council has decided to turn sheffield into a 15 minute city, this means sheffield will be split into parts and you will only be aloud to leave you zone 100 time a year, If you leave your zone more you will be fined every time you do.

This is a complete over reach of power and will only make people more poor during this living crisis. If you visit relative regularly it will be limited to 100 times, If you have loved ones in hospital for a long period of time and you visit them daily you will still be charge when you go over your 100 trip to the next zone.  

I am trying to get the word out as hardly anyone know about this. They have already done this in Oxfordshire against the people will. 

I have done a petition to stop this as it is a complete attack on our freedom as people and our freedom of movement within sheffield

Please sign this as if the 15 minute does come into place we are all going to be a lot worse off.

https://democracy.sheffield.gov.uk/mgEPetitionDisplay.aspx?ID=10282&RPID=10607674&HPID=10607674

Edited by tracy2009
  • Haha 2

Meh! It's to save the planet. 

Meh! Carbon this and that.

Meh! Greta says it's a great idea.

These zones are happening nationwide and in other countries too. 

It's 100% about controlling us plebs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I 100% percent agree that why I've done this petition to stop it. If it get enough traction and we are ignored which I'm assuming we will be like Oxfordshire, at least the people of Sheffield can see it clear tyranny and hopefully rise up against these authortarian councilors 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Meh! It's to save the planet. 

Meh! Carbon this and that.

Meh! Greta says it's a great idea.

These zones are happening nationwide and in other countries too. 

It's 100% about controlling us plebs. 

Oh dear! :(

At this very moment Mr Risen must be pacing up and down, swearing at the cat, and not believing his bad timing.

Still, not to worry...
... there's only 23 hours 50 minutes before he'll be back to give the OP the benefit of his knowledge! :hihi:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, tracy2009 said:

I 100% percent agree that why I've done this petition to stop it. If it get enough traction and we are ignored which I'm assuming we will be like Oxfordshire, at least the people of Sheffield can see it clear tyranny and hopefully rise up against these authortarian councilors 

My bold.

I genuinely see that happening in the not too distant future. People are getting sick and tired of climate this and net zero that. We have our lives disrupted whilst the rich and powerful fly by private jet and a multiple cars in their oversized garages. Its so blatant and in our faces it staggers me more don't see it.

4 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Oh dear! :(

At this very moment Mr Risen must be pacing up and down, swearing at the cat, and not believing his bad timing.

Still, not to worry...
... there's only 23 hours 50 minutes before he'll be back to give the OP the benefit of his knowledge!
:hihi:

I'm genuinely looking forward to that 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Purely out of interest, where is the proof of this 'claim'? I understand, but don't agree with, the basic principle - it just means that facilities, where practicable, should be within a reasonable distance.

• Like 1

Already a thread here.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/481627-sheffield-15-min-zone/

And a discussion in General.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/481515-15-minute-zones-and-climate-lockdowns-explained/

Has the OP anything new to add?

Edited by Longcol
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Longcol said:

A badly spelt petition by the looks

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Very badly spelt, uninformed, and grammatically poor.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

So what?

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

So what?

Its everything if you want to attract people to your cause, it just looks shoddy

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Very badly spelt, uninformed, and grammatically poor.

Please inform us ? 🤔