Andrew Tate. What's Your Opinion?.

Bit to obvious for me .

2 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I believe he’s insecure in his sexuality. 

I think he has found a way of making money out of those who need to have outside influencers as part of their lives.

I suppose if you are in to martial arts you can respect his ability as a fighter but why would a father want a creep like him being any sort of role model for his kids.

Theres plenty of truly nice caring people around who deserve the publicity.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

By the way . If he’s doing these programmes and knows they are making him look bad , why is he doing them? He’s already wealthy so it’s not the money. 

Edited by hackey lad

He looks absolutely ridiculous in those videos smoking a cigar.  Any grown adult that takes him even remotely seriously needs to give their head a wobble.  

5 hours ago, hackey lad said:

By the way . If he’s doing these programmes and knows they are making him look bad , why is he doing them? He’s already wealthy so it’s not the money. 

He’s also probably not as wealthy as likes to appear to be https://amp.theguardian.com/news/2023/feb/11/the-truth-about-andrew-tate-his-home-is-less-hollywood-hideaway-more-rundown-meat-factory

• Like 1

It's definitely the money: publicity, attention, engagement = money.  And he needs the money.  That gold is iron pyrite.

He doesn't look bad to the boys and men he's trying to manipulate and monetize, but if for some reason the spotlight does become less than flattering he'll sell it as his detractors manipulating the narrative or some such guff.

In my experience people who are driven by money can never get enough.

Add to that the desire to control and influence others for a variety of purposes then you get the various cults which attract the vulnerable.

All have some leaders who seem to have a charismatic hold over vulnerable people and use them accordingly.

It looks as though yet another Nigerian based movement is the subject of the news today.

Posted (edited)
On 19/12/2022 at 07:42, wearysmith said:

I go with dangerous. A friend who works in a school says boys there are quoting him and embracing his views. That to me signals a return to the bad old days.

This, totally. 

Tate is leading a current wave of "Alpha Male" social media influencers. They spout misogynistic ideals, along with instructions to never say please or thank you (because it's "weak") and that if you want something you should take it, always be dominant, never back down or take blame for anything, etc.

Basically teaching lads to be rude, arrogant and selfish.

I'm not convinced all of these toxic masculinity influencers even believe what they're saying but they've identified a trend which gets them followers and likes.

Edited by RootsBooster
typo
  • Like 6

20 hours ago, RJRB said:

Snipped 

I suppose if you are in to martial arts you can respect his ability as a fighter but why would a father want a creep like him being any sort of role model for his kids.

Snipped 

Maybe some dads don't go along with the media narrative having met him and followed his career? Maybe some dads give their kids the freedom to choose who they like to follow, look up too etc. Tell me, how many times have you met him? How many of his fights have you been to? Have you ever had him come to your gym, spar with the fighters, engage in conversation, spend time he didn't need to advising and giving the benefit of his knowledge for free?

I'm betting the number is 0.

Am I right?

6 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Maybe some dads don't go along with the media narrative having met him and followed his career? Maybe some dads give their kids the freedom to choose who they like to follow, look up too etc. Tell me, how many times have you met him? How many of his fights have you been to? Have you ever had him come to your gym, spar with the fighters, engage in conversation, spend time he didn't need to advising and giving the benefit of his knowledge for free?

I'm betting the number is 0.

Am I right?

Absolutely correct.

As I said you can admire his fighting skills if that’s your thing but as for the message that he passes to his fans then he is no role model in my opinion.

If you choose to fill your head with YouTube and Tik Tok clips and enjoy the toxic messages given out to the kids in the playground who then interact with your own children then you reap what you sow

• Like 5

3 hours ago, RJRB said:

Absolutely correct.

As I said you can admire his fighting skills if that’s your thing but as for the message that he passes to his fans then he is no role model in my opinion.

If you choose to fill your head with YouTube and Tik Tok clips and enjoy the toxic messages given out to the kids in the playground who then interact with your own children then you reap what you sow

This, absolutely.

And if you are happy with an “influencer “ who encourages unpleasant behaviour, you can hardly be surprised when you encounter poor behaviour in, say, your local takeaway.

Apparently he's going to be extradited to Britain a court has ruled.

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Apparently he's going to be extradited to Britain a court has ruled.

Oh great :rolleyes: , another circus.