Strike Action

29 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Let's hope they don't succeed 

They won't. It's empty bluster from politicians who've got themselves into a mess they can't get out of without admitting their errors.

It's not like anyone would pay a blind bit of notice to a ban if they tried it. They can't arrest millions of people if those people decide they've had enough of how their employer (the Government) treats them and refuse to work. Nor can they can't sack them and replace them either because unlike the 70s/80s the employment market is as near to full employment as is technically possible so there's isn't a pool of labour available to replace those who get sacked, most of the jobs are highly skilled and can't be filled except by people with the same skill (which we already don't have enough of because of how the Government treat them) and the country would fall into chaos if they tried anyway.

An economist described the Government's rhetoric today as "delusional".

Edited by Funky_Gibbon

Politics is a mess, Labour need a Jeremy corbin to be in charge or Labour and the Conservatives need a Conservative to be in charge of the Conservatives

Instead we have leeders who are not one or the other

So if you vote one out, the other carries on with what the other was implementing 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

It is a 'right', providing the correct procedures are followed beforehand (in almost all jobs - I understand there are certain ones where this does not apply), but a 'Human Right' ? - slightly OTT, IMHO.

The right to withdraw labour is a human right because a person who has no right to do so is a slave.

• Like 1

@Funky_Gibbon- and who will pay for that in the end? Correct, the passengers!

Just now, Funky_Gibbon said:

The right to withdraw labour is a human right because a person who has no right to do so is a slave.

According to which law, please?

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

@Funky_Gibbon- and who will pay for that in the end? Correct, the passengers!

According to which law, please?

This one for starters

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/30/contents/enacted

Slavery, servitude and forced or compulsory labour

(1)A person commits an offence if—

(a)the person holds another person in slavery or servitude and the circumstances are such that the person knows or ought to know that the other person is held in slavery or servitude, or

(b)the person requires another person to perform forced or compulsory labour and the circumstances are such that the person knows or ought to know that the other person is being required to perform forced or compulsory labour.

Edited by Funky_Gibbon

2 minutes ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

This one for starters

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/30/contents/enacted

Slavery, servitude and forced or compulsory labour

(1)A person commits an offence if—

(a)the person holds another person in slavery or servitude and the circumstances are such that the person knows or ought to know that the other person is held in slavery or servitude, or

(b)the person requires another person to perform forced or compulsory labour and the circumstances are such that the person knows or ought to know that the other person is being required to perform forced or compulsory labour.

That does not cover 'withdrawal of labour' - if you withdraw your labour, you do not attend your place of work, therefore no-one can 'force you to work'.

42 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Withdrawing ones Labour should be a human right protected  by law

If one withdraws one,s labour one is making oneself voluntarily redundant!So put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!!!

Just now, dsweetman said:

If one withdraws one,s labour one is making oneself voluntarily redundant!So put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!!!

Thats a wonderful attitude you have there.

I hope you don't employ anyone. 

10 minutes ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

Where did you go to school!!!!This constant bleating about human rights makes me sick!

• Haha 1

Calm down , @dsweetman- I, for one, am getting a little sick of stirrers on here. Constructive discussion is much more useful/helpful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dsweetman said:

Where did you go to school!!!!This constant bleating about human rights makes me sick!

:thumbsup:

Just now, The_DADDY said:

Thats a wonderful attitude you have there.

I hope you don't employ anyone. 

When I was younger I did have an employee but from 2000 to 2017 I worked for an employer and as an employee I worked extremely hard!Why should the hardworking general public and pensioners have to suffer because of the greed of the unions!!!!!!