Car Radiator Blinds .

I once had a leaking radiator, it started to boil on my way home in the early hours, it needed topping up with watter.

I managed to get as far as the duckpond in Firth Park, and decided to top it up there.

Unfortunately I'd no watter container.

Not to be foiled, I found a crisp packet, and after climbing over the railings numerous times, I managed to fill it up and get home.

I'm not daft.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Padders said:

I once had a leaking radiator, it started to boil on my way home in the early hours, it needed topping up with watter.

I managed to get as far as the duckpond in Firth Park, and decided to top it up there.

Unfortunately I'd no watter container.

Not to be foiled, I found a crisp packet, and after climbing over the railings numerous times, I managed to fill it up and get home.

I'm not daft.

Tha should have put a duck egg in it , did trick every time 

7 hours ago, carosio said:

Remember a local chap in the late fifties had what I believe to be a Mk 1 Regal convertible, it had the "close together" headlights.

Mk 1 mostly alloy with some Fibreglass panels 

See the source image

Mk 3 all fibreglass (except the wooden floors 🤣)

See the source image

Not mine but the same model.

just the bodywork to do & putting back together 8)

Edited by Rockers rule
-
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, smithy266 said:

Yep! Sheer magic!

Yup shutting that left hand door on the heater makes all the difference when the wind is blowing straight through every panel gap 😂. Cuttsie, the bumps were due to the rock hard leaf springs specced by the MOD to carry ammunition so they didn’t actually spring at all in normal civvy use. Every bump a guaranteed kick up the arse. Presumably the same guy who fitted carpet to the roof on mine was the same legend that fitted scrapyard Volvo seats, bless him! Rockers, didn’t those early three wheelers have no reverse gear and a kickstarter? Or am I confusing that with a Bond or something. Btw, welcome to the forum smithy 266, haven’t seen you here before.👍

22 hours ago, cuttsie said:

My  17 year old Landy never reaches heater warmth til its been running 30 mins or so . just wondered if the old way of rad cover was  viable , seems as though  its not 

Have you checked the thermostat?  They can stick open causing the engine to take ages to warm up.

Edited by geared
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jim117 said:

Yup shutting that left hand door on the heater makes all the difference when the wind is blowing straight through every panel gap 😂. Cuttsie, the bumps were due to the rock hard leaf springs specced by the MOD to carry ammunition so they didn’t actually spring at all in normal civvy use. Every bump a guaranteed kick up the arse. Presumably the same guy who fitted carpet to the roof on mine was the same legend that fitted scrapyard Volvo seats, bless him! Rockers, didn’t those early three wheelers have no reverse gear and a kickstarter? Or am I confusing that with a Bond or something. Btw, welcome to the forum smithy 266, haven’t seen you here before.👍

Hello Jim

Image result for BOND Villiers Dyno Start. Size: 185 x 185. Source: www.youtube.com

The early Bonds were the ones that had kick starts (and Villiers engines) until the Dynostart

Having no reverse gear was a provision of being able to drive a 3-wheeler on a motorcycle licence.

Reliant gearboxes were built with reverse gears, a blanking plate was fitted so reverse could not be selected.

This law was revised in 1963 but the misconception Reliant's don't have reverse gears continues.

The later bonds had Imp engines, and the Bond Bug had nothing to do with Bond, basically it was the forerunner to Reliants, Robin. 

I've driven plenty of Land Rovers and Reliant's have to be a close 2nd for interior noise, drafts and harsh rides 🤣.

Would we swap them :huh:

I've a nice photo of my 65 Regal, proper Jag and my Senator. I could never decide which one to drive :blush:

Mr's Rocker liked the Jag, Lad always wanted picking up from school in't Regal and the Senator was my guilty pleasure pre speed camera days :blush:.

The young pups don't know what real motoring is about, cosseted in their air bagged cocoons.

Keep safe out there & remember a car has to be more than A-B, 🧐

Edited by Rockers rule
Spelling Ooop's
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Hello Jim

Image result for BOND Villiers Dyno Start. Size: 185 x 185. Source: www.youtube.com

The early Bonds were the ones that had kick starts (and Villiers engines) until the Dynostart

Having no reverse gear was a provision of being able to drive a 3-wheeler on a motorcycle licence.

Reliant gearboxes were built with reverse gears, a blanking plate was fitted so reverse could not be selected.

This law was revised in 1963 but the misconception Reliant's don't have reverse gears continues.

The later bonds had Imp engines, and the Bond Bug had nothing to do with Bond, basically it was the forerunner to Reliants, Robin. 

I've driven plenty of Land Rovers and Reliant's have to be a close 2nd for interior noise, drafts and harsh rides 🤣.

Would we swap them :huh:

I've a nice photo of my 65 Regal, proper Jag and my Senator. I could never decide which one to drive :blush:

Mr's Rocker liked the Jag, Lad always wanted picking up from school in't Regal and the Senator was my guilty pleasure pre speed camera days :blush:.

The young pups don't know what real motoring is about, cosseted in their air bagged cocoons.

Keep safe out there & remember a car has to be more than A-B, 🧐

Hi Rockers glad to see you back and thanks for the info. My Reliant experiences as follows. When I was a teenager my mates mum drove a Scimitar which was pretty cool as she was a MILF and she had the Ford V6 version.IIRC, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, it was a long time ago. Another time my mate wanted to build a trike so we fetched a Robin from Stockport to a friends factory unit down the Cliffe. The engine block on these was alloy I think and we also wanted the transmission and back axle. After undoing every bolt we could find the body still didn’t come off so we chained it to the overhead crane and bounced it till the chassis fell out. Then had the problem of how to dispose of the bodyshell. At the time we were working building a factory unit at Darnall and used to burn all the old cement bags and pallets off on site. Not knowing how well fibreglass would burn we decided to break the shell up and ram it into the back of my Mk 2 transit and take it to site at the weekend when everything was quiet.  Plan B was that if it didn’t burn we could just crush it with the JCB and bury it. Well it turns out fibreglass acrylic resin burns spectacularly well and resulted in a massive black smoke cloud that drifted up and then sideways straight into the Sheffield arena next door where an athletics event was taking place. Having no way to put the fire out we revised plan B to jumping in the van and buggering off. Well that was a learning experience.😂

14 minutes ago, Jim117 said:

Hi Rockers glad to see you back and thanks for the info. My Reliant experiences as follows. When I was a teenager my mates mum drove a Scimitar which was pretty cool as she was a MILF and she had the Ford V6 version.IIRC, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, it was a long time ago. Another time my mate wanted to build a trike so we fetched a Robin from Stockport to a friends factory unit down the Cliffe. The engine block on these was alloy I think and we also wanted the transmission and back axle. After undoing every bolt we could find the body still didn’t come off so we chained it to the overhead crane and bounced it till the chassis fell out. Then had the problem of how to dispose of the bodyshell. At the time we were working building a factory unit at Darnall and used to burn all the old cement bags and pallets off on site. Not knowing how well fibreglass would burn we decided to break the shell up and ram it into the back of my Mk 2 transit and take it to site at the weekend when everything was quiet.  Plan B was that if it didn’t burn we could just crush it with the JCB and bury it. Well it turns out fibreglass acrylic resin burns spectacularly well and resulted in a massive black smoke cloud that drifted up and then sideways straight into the Sheffield arena next door where an athletics event was taking place. Having no way to put the fire out we revised plan B to jumping in the van and buggering off. Well that was a learning experience.😂

Plan B sounds the best idea.

Once it goes there is not much stopping it.

Coopers used to do it until the overhead power lines looked like they were going to arc out with the amount of carbon in the air they stopped doing it .

I got changing chassis down to a fine art, to the point I could do it in my sleep. (Police once caught me doing it in the middle of the road (cul-de-sac) shook their heads, laughed & buggered off :blush: 🤣 :blush:.

Built a few trikes over the years and have something of a long-term project in't garage (proper frame not a bodged chassis).

Keep safe 8) .