Shamima Begum Was Trafficked?

1 hour ago, S35_2o21 said:

(…)

I think we need to consider the whole narrative around teenagers and children, and how much harm can be done to them. Why do we accept that the girls in Rotherham and Rochdale were groomed, but that this girl wasn't?

Because much of the media screamed ‘traitor’ back in the day (even though she’s never raised a knife in anger, never mind at British people or interests, as far as I recall), so the sentiment carries.

Meanwhile, the kids she’s had since, rot in camp/jail with her. She had them with that Isis lad, and it must have been consensual, so they must be enemies of the state too. They knew what they were doing, getting born to an Isis sympathiser. And anyway, too many immigrunts already, they can take their chances on a dinghy mid-winter like all the others. 

AmIrite or amIrite? (not a question / nor @ you S35; but thanks for a considered post, made a nice change from all that foaming in here)

Doesn’t look like many posters on here have had, or known of, troubled teenage kids. Besides, it has become very fashionable to hate at the merest hint of a dog whistle in the past few years, so why be surprised at the insta-reaction.

Edited by L00b

48 minutes ago, L00b said:

Because much of the media screamed ‘traitor’ back in the day (even though she’s never raised a knife in anger, never mind at British people or interests, as far as I recall), so the sentiment carries.

Meanwhile, the kids she’s had since, rot in camp/jail with her. She had them with that Isis lad, and it must have been consensual, so they must be enemies of the state too. They knew what they were doing, getting born to an Isis sympathiser. And anyway, too many immigrunts already, they can take their chances on a dinghy mid-winter like all the others. 

AmIrite or amIrite? (not a question / nor @ you S35; but thanks for a considered post, made a nice change from all that foaming in here)

Doesn’t look like many posters on here have had, or known of, troubled teenage kids. Besides, it has become very fashionable to hate at the merest hint of a dog whistle in the past few years, so why be surprised at the insta-reaction.

The conspiracy theorist head on my shoulders thinks that the Home office knows that there is insufficient evidence against her for a trial. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, S35_2o21 said:

All I can add is, that at 15, I wasn't capable of weighing up the consequences of my decisions. My parents made most of my significant decisions for me, and I came to no harm.

Do you think that if you were 16 it would have been different and you would have been capable?

I believe the contact from ISIS began when she was 13. 

Contract?

Luckily I didn't have terrorists trying to persuade me to make a perilous journey to join what essentially is a death cult. I assume that the men operating ISIS mainly wanted her for sex. In the UK, the age of consent for girls is 16. 

And in Syria where she went, got married and had children it is 15 so it's not really relevant.

If she is guilty of a crime, she should be allowed to return to the UK, and stand trial in a court. 

She is automatically guilty of joining a terrorist organisation and as such can be treated under terrorist laws.

I think we need to consider the whole narrative around teenagers and children, and how much harm can be done to them. Why do we accept that the girls in Rotherham and Rochdale were groomed, but that this girl wasn't?

We don't know if she was groomed and so far that is just a maybe on her lawers part, something that they will have to prove.

16 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Do you think that if you were 16 it would have been different and you would have been capable?

Contract?

And in Syria where she went, got married and had children it is 15 so it's not really relevant.

She is automatically guilty of joining a terrorist organisation and as such can be treated under terrorist laws.

We don't know if she was groomed and so far that is just a maybe on her lawers part, something that they will have to prove.

16? I don't know. The principle of the age of consent is established in UK law.

Lawyers- that's what the Guardian report is about, isn't it? The start of her case. The Home Office will have their opportunity & no doubt that will be reported in the Guardian as well. 

3 minutes ago, S35_2o21 said:

16? I don't know. The principle of the age of consent is established in UK law.

That is the point though, in the UK its 16 but where she went it is 15 and she must have known that when she got married.

3 minutes ago, S35_2o21 said:

Lawyers- that's what the Guardian report is about, isn't it? The start of her case. The Home Office will have their opportunity & no doubt that will be reported in the Guardian as well. 

👍