Fuel Prices In Sheffield

I would have hoped that Petrol and Diesel prices would have dropped more by now, but I suspect that more profit is being taken along the way.

What is striking is the near 20p per litre. differential between petrol and diesel.

I have a diesel car.

I have read the supposed reasons why,but I am more aware than I used to be as to where to fill up when in the vicinity.

Other than Costco which requires membership the best price that I can find is Tesco on Saville Street.

Does anyone know differently.

I saw diesel at 178.9 at Sainsburys on Archer Road today.

I can recommend Waze as both a navigation app, but also for people reporting fuel prices and for finding the cheapest near to you 👍

12 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

I saw diesel at 178.9 at Sainsburys on Archer Road today.

I can recommend Waze as both a navigation app, but also for people reporting fuel prices and for finding the cheapest near to you 👍

Thanks for your comments

Similar at Tesco,whereas Morrison’s is 188.9.

According to the “petrolprice” app there is even variation between different sites of the same organisation.

25 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Thanks for your comments

According to the “petrolprice” app there is even variation between different sites of the same organisation.

Deleted - didnt read your post properly 

Edited by HeHasRisen

Guest busdriver1
49 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Thanks for your comments

Most supermarkets aim to be the lowest within a mile or so of their site, so are driven by the local prices being charged.

According to PetrolPrices, the Esso on Fulwood Road has petrol at 160.9p and Tesco in Abbeydale has Diesel at 178.9p.

Costco is cheaper for both, but you need to be a member.

The queues for fuel at CostCo are becoming a problem for the council,the queue was backed up onto the parkway today and i'm sure its having effects on profits at CostCo too.

Tesco fuel known to get possibly contaminated and misfire. 

On 23/10/2022 at 20:44, dutch said:

Tesco fuel known to get possibly contaminated and misfire. 

Funny you should say that. I fuelled up at Tesco's in Minehead with diesel. A couple of times I have had a misfire. Its the cheapest around here. Back to Texaco, paying ÂŁ190.9 .... arghh!