Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

7 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Any one itching for a war with Russia or China must be daft , They have nut cases in charge who will have no problem pressing buttons , And that is the end of life on Earth as we know it .

To be honest I don't think it would go Nuclear and be more tactically ground based as that would be time consuming and provide plenty of chaos everywhere.

the Ukraine was part of Russia for hundreds of years so dont see the problem, putin will do what he wants and the west no matter how many sanctions they impose wont change a thing.

16 minutes ago, ab6262 said:

the Ukraine was part of Russia for hundreds of years so dont see the problem, putin will do what he wants and the west no matter how many sanctions they impose wont change a thing.

England was ruled by the French and Vikings for many years.  Does not mean we are going to suddenly lie back and take it if France or Norway suddenly invaded tomorrow  and took control.    What they WERE and what they ARE now are very different. 

They fought for their independence and why should they or their allies give in to bullying behaviour from Putin.  Imagine the sort of message that would give to other similar tyrants on this planet.  

The days of invading and pillaging being accepted are long gone.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

England was ruled by the French and Vikings for many years.  Does not mean we are going to suddenly lie back and take it if France or Norway suddenly invaded tomorrow  and took control.  

Russia has no interest in invading the Ukraine. If they did then it would have happened long ago. 

It's more western smoke and mirrors. 

NATO and America are the problem. 

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Any one itching for a war with Russia or China must be daft , They have nut cases in charge who will have no problem pressing buttons , And that is the end of life on Earth as we know it .

I so hope you're wrong.

I remember the Russians invading Afghanistan in the 80's with Cruse missiles flying all over the place. It was terrifying. 

I understand strong sanctions have been threatened if Putin goes in, so don't think there is much appetite for World war 3.

I've never understood why countries can't all cooperate together and live in peace.... 

Edited by Anna B

1 hour ago, altus said:

After the break-up of the Soviet Union, separatists in Georgia were supported by Russia (including militarily). That made the former Warsaw pact countries and especially the newly independent Baltic states realise Russia had the ability and potentially inclination to walk in any time they liked and there was little they could do about it. The obvious way of discouraging Russia from doing that was to join NATO. So, NATO hasn't been "creeping ever closer to Russian borders", Russia's neighbours have been knocking on NATO's door pleading to be allowed to join.

If Putin wants to stop Russia's neighbours forming military alliances with the west, he needs to recognise their full independence. If he wants to stop his neighbours from wanting to join NATO he need to guarantee he will not interfere in their internal affairs - including not interfering in their elections. His attempts to rebuild the Soviet Union (without the communism) have been the exact opposite of that.

Spot on.

Just now, Anna B said:

I so hope you're wrong.

I remember the Russians invading Afghanistan in the 80's with Cruse missiles flying all over the place. It was terrifying. 

I understand strong sanctions have been threatened if Putin goes in, so don't think there is much appetite for World war 3 to be honest.

I've never understood why countries can't all cooperate together and live in peace.... 

For exactly the same reason human beings can't or any other animal species.

Power, dominance, possession, self survival....  it's just inbuilt.  

16 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Russia has no interest in invading the Ukraine. If they did then it would have happened long ago. 

It's more western smoke and mirrors. 

NATO and America are the problem. 

Russia has already invaded Ukraine by taking Crimea, or, does that not count in your eyes. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kidorry said:

Russia has already invaded Ukraine by taking Crimea, or, does that not count in your eyes. 

And after Crimea they did what? 

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

And after Crimea they did what? 

Stayed there.

Just now, Kidorry said:

Stayed there.

And then? 

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

And then? 

This is the end of your trolling game for me. grow up.