Owls Transfers

Guest sibon
2 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

Well up to now no one can knock what Moore has brought you in, early days but good signs so far.

He’s done an amazing job with one arm tied behind his back. I think we are done now.

Any sign of United getting players in/out?

Edited by sibon

7 minutes ago, sibon said:

He’s done an amazing job with one arm tied behind his back. I think we are done now.

Any sign of United getting players in/out?

I've posted threads on a couple and hearing another one has fallen through because of visa problems.......

Edited by Alextopman

Guest makapaka
4 hours ago, sibon said:

I think there was some overlap.

Anyway. Time will tell. He’ll either be a master stroke  of a waste of money training with the kids. We’ve had a few of the latter in recent times. We’re due a signing that works out.

The way I look at it - a lot of people saying he’s a “Jeffers” type signing.

but when we did that previously we were pinning our hopes on it working out..

in this instance - If he doesn’t do enough - then there are plenty of other options such as Gregory kamberi windass Paterson etc.

as long as we’re not paying the earth in wages / which I I doubt we are / I think the opportunity outweighs the risk overall.

Edited by makapaka

Guest sibon
6 minutes ago, makapaka said:

The way I look at it - a lot of people saying he’s a “Jeffers” type signing.

but when we did that previously we were pinning our hopes on it working out..

in this instance - If he doesn’t do enough - then there are plenty of other options such as Gregory kamberi windass Paterson etc.

as long as we’re not paying the earth in wages / which I I doubt we are / I think the opportunity outweighs the risk overall.

I think you are spot on.

I’m relaxed about the signing because we have plenty of decent options. When we signed Jeffers/Drenthe/ Bothroyd/ <Insertnamehere>, we were pinning our hopes on them. 

This time, he’s just the cherry on top of the icing on the cake. 

Guest makapaka
2 minutes ago, sibon said:

I think you are spot on.

I’m relaxed about the signing because we have plenty of decent options. When we signed Jeffers/Drenthe/ Bothroyd/ <Insertnamehere>, we were pinning our hopes on them. 

This time, he’s just the cherry on top of the icing on the cake. 

Yup.

I also don’t wear the upsetting the dressing room thing that has been banded about because of his past/media reports.

why would Moore risk that? He obviously knows him well enough.

Edited by makapaka

i think from what morrison said on sky,hes settled down,with a family,sick of loans and moving around ,darren knows hes got skill,especially in this league and he wants to get back on track and hopefully he will.

On 31/08/2021 at 17:01, Alextopman said:

2 years without a goal for Stoke played 31 consecutive games without a goal then missed a penalty. 

Tested positive for MDMA and suspended.

No wonder you're not sure.

Soon after this, his former Stoke teammate, Glen Johnson, spoke on Talksport where he heavily criticised Berahino's attitude at Stoke, singling out his attitude in training, regular lateness and lack of effort. He ended the interview by saying "If I was the manager or owner of a football club, I wouldn't take him if you paid me."[95] Another former Stoke teammate, Peter Crouch, also spoke out about the situation, saying "I'm not going to say Glen was wrong (about Berahino), but there were many players in that dressing room who didn't pull their weight, not just him."[96]

Here you are Cuttsie just jogging your memory for you Pal.....You have replied to it before.