Sheffields Famous Bricklayers.

12 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Always dressed immaculate when I saw him with my Dad.

We used to meet in LLoYDS Tuesdays your dad Albert Tony Law Mick Kendal   Jevy Jonny Broderick Terry France  and myself  I loved those days. Forgot. Mick Falstone  Charlie Albert  Greens  old mate .Then Brown Bear or bottom off   Lane 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slinny said:

We used to meet in LLoYDS Tuesdays your dad Albert Tony Law Mick Kendal   Jevy Jonny Broderick Terry France  and myself  I loved those days. Forgot. Mick Falstone  Charlie Albert  Greens  old mate .Then Brown Bear or bottom off   Lane 

I've got Jevy's car, he left it to me when he passed away.

8 minutes ago, TOM PEPPER said:

Albert was liked by everybody,when he had theTalbot never saw him lose his temper with anyone,his wife Shiela was Albert and ken Hartley sister, always a smart dresser R.I.P Albert.

All the family .Back to Alberts dad and mom is brother Fred is other son Allan all great people . Proud to have known all off them . Great bloke gone God Bless Him,

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Another famous Sheffield bricklayer has passed away last week ,

Big Albert Fields ,,   A long line of Alberts in the Field family but big Albert was in our era .. Did not suffer fools gladly did Albert ,   So another one gone ,  One  Who back in the day was a legend on the building sites around South Yorks , Will be missed by all , R.I.P .

R.I.P Albert, last time I saw him he was doing some work opposite our house.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 30/04/2024 at 10:57, Slinny said:

Tell your Pal who doesn't like me I've taken Malc Sergeant out for a drink today in the Penny Black, he doesn't get out these days. Anyhow he showed me a photo of him and Malc when they were 17 years old, Malc as a Teddy boy and Cuttsie in an Italian suit...

.I've arranged to have him a copy made. Not bad for a liar fake wannabe.

Edited by Alextopman

On 30/04/2024 at 10:57, Slinny said:

cNo description available.

14 hours ago, Alextopman said:

So sorry 

Alex can’t find your message .as you can tell no good with computers .please put it where I can find it  So Sorry.

Alex can’t find your message .as you can tell not good with computer s  if you can make it easy for me to find it .

I worked in the building trade labouring and hod carrying for 17 years and I met some strange characters.  Some were real belly laughs.  One particular incident I was working on the Ear Nose and Throat place  at Royal Hallamshire hospital for Gleesons.  There was one labouring bloke they set on  who thought it was no problem to nip to the pub at half twelve for his dinner.  It got to 1 o'clock and there was no sign of this man.  The agent didn't know where he'd gone.  At ten past three the gentleman rolled up.  The agent spotted him and asked him where he'd been.  The man said he had been for his dinner and what was wrong.  The agent said he would overlook it this time and told the man to sit in the snap cabin and don't go drinking like that any more.  The next day at dinner time the man wasn't in the snap cabin and had disappeared again.  The same thing happened again and the man rolled up at ten past three.  The agent saw him again and told him he was sacked.  All the men were laughing.  The man said why are you sacking me?  He couldn't see what wrong he had done.

Just had a thought regarding Joe Knights, when I knew him some 35 or so years ago he lived in a large detached bungalow, circa half way up Bushey Wood Road, Dore, on the right. This was and still is a very prestigious property, I’ve made a bob or two in my time, but this one was and still is beyond my reach. :huh: