Laser Eye Treatment

my partners aunt had it done and still has to wear glasses, so it does not work for evryone.

What is wrong with wearing glasses? unless you have a real problem with work or some other health issue, why risk this complicated and expensive procedure?

I have worn spectacles for 48 years and always look forward to my new ones every year.

When I had mine done, Marty Feldman was in the next cubicle :shocked:

OMG! How did he look? Or could you see :hihi:

I had laser surgery there. Quite a bit more expensive than advertised as I had strong asygmatism but still worth it in the end ater a day or two of uncomfortable eyes.

my partner thinks I should have it done, but I am really very shortsighted so not sure if it will work, plus I am a coward. lol

The procedures have been happening now for 25 years, so there's plenty of research. Your eye sight may deteriorate after surgery, but if your prescription was stable then there is no reason to think that it would. Natural age related degeneration will still take place, so you will probably become long sighted as you get older (like many people).

Ultralase offer a 'top up' procedure for free whenever needed (if ever) and whilst ever your eyes are still suitable for it.

I've no idea why you think train drivers can't have laser surgery, they can.

http://www.rgsonline.co.uk/Railway_Group_Standards/Traffic%20Operation%20and%20Management/Codes%20of%20Practice/GORC3561%20Iss%203.pdf

See appendix B

I thought that as someone who works in the rail industry told me that they have been told they cant.

What is wrong with wearing glasses? unless you have a real problem with work or some other health issue, why risk this complicated and expensive procedure?

Im with you on that, I'll stick with my glasses.

my partners aunt had it done and still has to wear glasses, so it does not work for evryone.

They've never claimed that it's perfect and it depends on the prescription you start with. If you ask your partners aunt, the glasses she has now are probably less powerful than the old ones.

I've just had both my eyes done (3 days ago) at Meadowhall so thought I post an up to date review.

My op cost £3590 but I had a very high prescription (-7). I have had no pain at all, no grittyness and no watering!, but that could just be down to luck.

The thing I wasnt prepared for was my lack of near and middle distance vision. My far distance vision is fab but I am struggling to read, use computer etc. Have just been and bought some reading glasses which are helping to a degree but its hard going!!

Maybe I was being very naive but I believed what I read and saw on TV - that after the op you just sat up and could see!! That wasnt the case for me but as I said I did have a very high prescription.

Ive now found out it could take three to six months before my vision is OK. Not sure how this is going to affect my work - Ive had this week off and am dreading going back next week as I work in an office, computer work etc.

On the plus side the after care from Optical Express has been brilliant - I had a problem with my left eye and they have kept a very close watch on it.

So not sure yet whether its been worth the £3500 but watch this space and I'll keep you informed.

I thought that this is normal when short sightedness is corrected. Weren't you advised about your expected vision at different distances?

My vision is approx -7 in both eyes, but I can see clearly to read without any aid at anything between 2 and 12 inches. At times I find this very useful. The fact that I believe I would lose this is one of the reasons I haven't gone for surgery.

I thought that this is normal when short sightedness is corrected. Weren't you advised about your expected vision at different distances?

My vision is approx -7 in both eyes, but I can see clearly to read without any aid at anything between 2 and 12 inches. At times I find this very useful. The fact that I believe I would lose this is one of the reasons I haven't gone for surgery.

I was advised I would need reading glasses which I dont mind about because my eyes were so bad. I couldn't see beyond the end of my nose before!!

Anyway I am now six days post op and my sight is really good. It does get worse as the day goes on and by late afternoon I am struggling again but I can defo see that I am improving every day.

I've always been happy with the monthly disposable contact lenses. Put them in at the start of the month and leave them in until the start of the next month.

I might have been happy with those as well alch, but with an astigmatism they weren't an option. I'm extremely happy with not needing any correction at all though.