Laser Eye Treatment

On 11/10/2019 at 21:31, NewBiz said:

I have astigmatism and a lazy eye ( same eye) the high street clinics wouldn't touch me. Had both eyes done at Sheffield Vision centre ( Hallamshire hospital) 5 yrs ago best money  I ever spent. Not painful but the op is weird, then it's like your eyes are full of grit for several hours and you just need to lie down in a darkened room, and they stream. By the evening of the op the grittiness had gone and my sight was incredible. Takes several weeks for your eyesight to settle at where it's actually supposed to be, and there's some aftercare and do's and don'ts, but for me was well well worth it.  

Did the treatment cure your lazy eye? I've had mine since birth and only been able to see out of one really. Would be incredible if I could use both.

I know everyone’s eyes are different has  anyone had there’ eyes corrected by laser ? And any company you can recommend 

seriously planning this now just can’t get on with glasses just stared wanting glasses full time

Edited by jacklev1

8 hours ago, jacklev1 said:

I know everyone’s eyes are different has  anyone had there’ eyes corrected by laser ? And any company you can recommend 

seriously planning this now just can’t get on with glasses just stared wanting glasses full time

As mentioned above, I would recommend you go to private eye clinic at Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield. 

They will be able to advise you. I had elective refractive lens exchange surgery there about 10 years ago, with excellent results.

I don't know what the situation is in Lockdown, but normally you just need to phone for an appointment, and they will assess what they can do for you.

Has anyone had laser eye surgery recently?

I am -3.5 in both eyes and am considering LASIK or SMILE treatments

I have consultations booked in at optical express, optegra, optimax and sheffield vision clinic.

If you have used these companies, please let me know your experiences.

32 minutes ago, Pete111 said:

Has anyone had laser eye surgery recently?

I am -3.5 in both eyes and am considering LASIK or SMILE treatments

I have consultations booked in at optical express, optegra, optimax and sheffield vision clinic.

If you have used these companies, please let me know your experiences.

I like the way these companies advertise, aftercare.    I  always imagine that being a dog and a white stick.