The Conservative Party - Part Two.

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

I’ll sooner settle for this.

Uh!  That would put his blood pressure up.

8 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I’ll sooner settle for this.

Come nah blood bloodclot and me tinking along de same lines as you nah

5 minutes ago, cressida said:

Uh!  That would put his blood pressure up.

I doubt a good dose of Bob would be Jah Rastafaria.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

That’s a poor argument ECCO, I expected better from you.

Not a poor argument at all.  

You seem to admit you haven't voted since an election 17 years ago, so what gives you right to be criticising the electorate's choice like you did in post #25921.   

In my opinion, those who choose to ignore engaging in the selection of their political representative and utilise some of those voting rights that people fought for, quite frankly don't have any merits to be complaining if the vote doesn't go their way.

1 hour ago, Prettytom said:

It’s a think that Tory voters seem to believe. Despite the fact that they are a minority of the electorate.

It's not a minority.

We have first pass the post political scoring.  The leader of the party who achieves the majority share of seats wins PM's position.  It's how it's always been just the same as it was when Labour won their elections - nobody seemed to be bitching about the game rules then.  

Even when they have taken baby steps to bring an alternative system and held a referendum, it was rejected by over 67% of us taking part in the vote. 

Nothing which changes the fact that the Tories have held the a prime ministerial office over 2.6x more than Labour.  

19 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

It's not a minority.

Maybe you exist in a different maths world to the rest of us.

At the last election, the Tories polled just less than 14 million votes. That was 44% of the votes cast. Or, just 30% of those registered to vote.

Neither of those are a majority. The opposite of majority is minority. I should know, because the final year of my maths degree was taught by Liz Truss’s father. Excellence in mathematics runs in that family.

12 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

At the last election, the Tories polled just less than 14 million votes. That was 44% of the votes cast. Or, just 30% of those registered to vote.

Neither of those are a majority. The opposite of majority is minority. I should know, because the final year of my maths degree was taught by Liz Truss’s father. Excellence in mathematics runs in that family.

Nobody cares. That's not how the our general election results are calculated.   It's seats. 

The Tories won the last election because they were the party with majority seats.   The Tories were 80 seats over. 

Spin the maths all you want. They are still the party in office right now and the party who has been in office for the majority of the time throughout this present and last centuries - approx 72 years compared to Labour's 37 years.

Just now, ECCOnoob said:

Nobody cares. That's not how the our general election results are calculated.   It's seats. 

The Tories won the last election because they were the party with majority seats.   The Tories were 80 seats over. 

Spin the maths all you want. They are still the party in office right now and the party who has been in office for the majority of the time throughout this present and last centuries - approx 72 years compared to Labour's 37 years.

Simple maths. No spin required.

Minority.

As they have been for all of this century and almost all of the last.

Some would see that as a reason for humility. The fact that the Tories don’t, gives you a clue about why the majority detest them.

2 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Simple maths. No spin required.

Minority.

No.  Simple maths: 

365 Tory seats is MORE than the 203 Labour ones and MORE than the 48 SNP ones and MORE than the 11 Lib Dem ones and MORE than the 8 DWP ones and MORE than the 15 other party ones....

365 is also MORE than half of the available 650 total seats, hence, what's the word.....   Oh yes. MAJORITY. 

How is this so hard for you to understand.  

1 hour ago, Prettytom said:

This rubbish comes out regularly from the losers .  It’s the same rules for all . 

• Like 1

Don't know why everyone is arguing.

When Labour win it's going to be great, everyone will be much better off.

Just wait and see, gonna be mint, I just can't understand why they keep losing elections.

Madness.

10 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Even when they have taken baby steps to bring an alternative system and held a referendum, it was rejected by over 67% of us taking part in the vote. 

Nothing which changes the fact that the Tories have held the a prime ministerial office over 2.6x more than Labour.  

Turnout in Scotland was the highest of any UK country (68.1% of the electorate), they have a better voting system, so slightly more vote in national elections.

In 2019 there were 47,074,800 registered voters in the UK, there was another 5 million adults not registered to vote, so overall turnout was less than 67%