Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

30 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I asked for a percentage of people arriving illegally compared to the population and how that compared in percentages to those arriving in the UK.

If we're talking about people "arriving illegally" to Luxembourg, the answer is none! 🙄

The concept of "arriving illegally" exists only under domestic UK law.

4 hours ago, harvey19 said:

As already pointed out it was to expand the debate using knowledge and experience you would know as an inhabitant of that country rather than anonymous internet sources.

I can not understand reluctance to give a clear answer as you usually post information or if you did not wish to extend the debate in this area just say that you did not know.

There is nothing more to say on the matter as the facts have been clearly explained to you.

The UN is not an anonymous internet source. Neither is the EU. Neither is the Red Cross. Neither is <etc>.

If you should be so devoid of critical thinking faculties, as to class every official source of immigration statistics as ‘anonymous’, shorthand for ‘invalid’ no doubt
there isn’t a debate worth having with you I’m afraid.

As for my reluctance, it is to get drawn into your nonsensical -and rather desperate by now- diversion (“but but but Luxembourg”) from the original point: Germany, 70m inhabitants, handled 243k asylum seeking applications 2023 YTD. France, 67m inhabitants, 156k. Spain, 47m inhabitants, 118k. The U.K., 67m, 78k (end Jun 23).

29 minutes ago, L00b said:

The UN is not an anonymous internet source. Neither is the EU. Neither is the Red Cross. Neither is <etc>.

If you should be so devoid of critical thinking faculties, as to class every official source of immigration statistics as ‘anonymous’, shorthand for ‘invalid’ no doubt
there isn’t a debate worth having with you I’m afraid.

As for my reluctance, it is to get drawn into your nonsensical -and rather desperate by now- diversion (“but but but Luxembourg”) from the original point: Germany, 70m inhabitants, handled 243k asylum seeking applications 2023 YTD. France, 67m inhabitants, 156k. Spain, 47m inhabitants, 118k. The U.K., 67m, 78k (end Jun 23).

If you only answered the question there would be no need for your distraction tactics.

I can only presume you do not know what is happening in your country ( adopted or temporary).

1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

If you only answered the question there would be no need for your distraction tactics.

I can only presume you do not know what is happening in your country ( adopted or temporary).

If you researched and answered your own question, you could present your debating argument. 

I can only presume that you are incapable of doing basic online research, or that you do not have any argument worth making.

In the meantime, the point stands - unchallenged by your testiculations of the last 2 pages: the U.K. handles a tiny fraction of the asylum seekers making their way through the EU, multiples of which get handled by Germany, France and others. So quit moaning and own your stats.

1 hour ago, L00b said:

If you researched and answered your own question, you could present your debating argument. 

I can only presume that you are incapable of doing basic online research, or that you do not have any argument worth making.

In the meantime, the point stands - unchallenged by your testiculations of the last 2 pages: the U.K. handles a tiny fraction of the asylum seekers making their way through the EU, multiples of which get handled by Germany, France and others. So quit moaning and own your stats.

Another smokescreen .

You are happy to refer to different countries except your own where you live at present.

What is the problem.?

Edited by harvey19

19 hours ago, harvey19 said:

Another smokescreen .

You are happy to refer to different countries except your own where you live at present.

What is the problem.?

Do you have issues with reading comprehension, or something?

11 minutes ago, L00b said:

Do you have issues with reading comprehension, or something?

Do you ?

• Haha 1

Johnson definitely has issues to do with comprehension:

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Johnson definitely has issues to do with comprehension:

This should come as a revelation and be regarded as absolutely shocking.  But it isn't is it? It was obvious at the time that the overweening arrogance and bombastic ' have our cake and eat it ' attitude of  Brexit politicians had replaced commonsense in their Brexit campaign and afterwards in negotiations with the EU.

And the Remain campaign was in many ways equally to blame for the mess we're in by failing miserably to point out the facts and emphasise the benefits of membership.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, m williamson said:

This should come as a revelation and be regarded as absolutely shocking.  But it isn't is it? It was obvious at the time that the overweening arrogance and bombastic ' have our cake and eat it ' attitude of  Brexit politicians had replaced commonsense in their Brexit campaign and afterwards in negotiations with the EU.

And the Remain campaign was in many ways equally to blame for the mess we're in by failing miserably to point out the facts and emphasise the benefits of membership.

It could lead to us losing faith in politicians.

18 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

It could lead to us losing faith in politicians.

Not possible to lose something you never had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

I remember the points being pretty well laid out, the Government sent a leaflet to every house in the country so it's hard to argue they weren't known.

I distinctly remember many of the issues with Brexit being laid out and all instantly dismissed as 'Project Fear'