Burglaries Around Hillsborough

Reports in Hillsborough and  Walkley this morning, 4 white lads, trying doors at 3:30am and 4:30am 

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, steve68 said:

Reports in Hillsborough and  Walkley this morning, 4 white lads, trying doors at 3:30am and 4:30am 

Car doors or house doors?

50 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Car doors or house doors?

Houses front and back doors 

Police have done leaflet drops today warning of burglaries and to be vigilant .

A youth in a hoody walking up my drive then up to my front door , then down my path again , around 10pm in the Stannington area tonight. A red car then picked him up on the road. Keep your front and back doors locked !

Edited by pattricia

A workmate had his motorscooter nicked friday night off taplin road, police have recovered it and its a writeoff, taken by two lads 12 & 13 yrs old.

14 hours ago, autumn said:

Police have done leaflet drops today warning of burglaries and to be vigilant .

may be the police should be more vigilant and before you start about reduced numbers TEN police cars chasing one car through oughtibridge last sunday night

I live in Hillsborough. On Sunday morning (13th October) at 3:30am, burglars broke into my house and stole my car and my brother's car, along with other items. Three adults and four kids were asleep upstairs. This is almost as serious as it gets. It is getting ridiculous around here. Just had the window cleaner around collecting money and he tells me he knows of loads of other burglaries, including on Minto. Read on nextdoor.co.uk that there have been burglaries and cars stolen on Laird. I think we residents need to consider a sting operation. 3:30am is the hour of choice, based on what I'm reading on these forums. I'm going to try and find out what is being done. Reports of groups of lads stealing is really crazy. This is clearly not isolated. We need to do something.