Mp For The Hillsborough/Wisewood/Wadsley Area Of S6

As you mum is a bilateral amputee, I am assuming that she had both her amputations locally and that she was probably under the care of Vascular and or Diabetic Surgery Teams. Contact the consultant who's care she was under, they should be able to give you details of a Social Worker who will be able to help your mum get the help she needs. Hope you get something sorted out for her soon.

I emailed Gill Furniss office and got quite a speedy response telling me I was a constituent of Central ward, rang them re bus service changes and spoke to a very receptive person but could hear someone in the background saying ‘tell them we know all about it’- not very encouraging! Gill Furniss office suggested contacting Lord Mayor’s office as issue was Council issue-got an email saying response would be made by Friday last week-still waiting!

• 3 years later...

Gill Furniss is absolutely useless.

I provided evidence of abuse of public funds along with several other examples of how a housing association do not meet their obligations with regards safety etc, yet receive £233.33 of taxpayer's money every 7 days (plus a service charge) for each tenant. She was just not bothered. Repeatedly failed to answer questions, and when a reply was received (by her staff) it was useless and only partially answered some of the questions with others being ignored completely.

Gill Furniss is happy to employ her daughter while doing nothing of substance for her constituents. Her approach is modelled on the Nadine Dorries model of being an MP i.e. doing nothing for her constituents. It seems her staff do all the work and she sits back and claims her £85k a year to feel important. Oh yeah and she received a personal 'gift' from the Qatari government. The woman has zero integrity and does not fulfil her role as an MP.

13 hours ago, UselessMP said:

Gill Furniss is absolutely useless.

I provided evidence of abuse of public funds along with several other examples of how a housing association do not meet their obligations with regards safety etc, yet receive £233.33 of taxpayer's money every 7 days (plus a service charge) for each tenant. She was just not bothered. Repeatedly failed to answer questions, and when a reply was received (by her staff) it was useless and only partially answered some of the questions with others being ignored completely.

Gill Furniss is happy to employ her daughter while doing nothing of substance for her constituents. Her approach is modelled on the Nadine Dorries model of being an MP i.e. doing nothing for her constituents. It seems her staff do all the work and she sits back and claims her £85k a year to feel important. Oh yeah and she received a personal 'gift' from the Qatari government. The woman has zero integrity and does not fulfil her role as an MP.

Why not contact the local media

On 07/08/2019 at 13:58, Annie Bynnol said:

Better still use your councillors first as very often the will end up dealing with it anyway

I agree with this, esp if it's a council matter.

However some councillors are better than others.

I am no longer a Labour supporter but Labour Julie Grocutt (not in your area unfortunately) is one of the best.

8 hours ago, Anna B said:

Does she do a monthly surgery? All MPs should do this, but some don't.

I think she does, she certainly did when she helped me out. She also answers E Mails promptly and even answers the phone, which, sadly, is a rare "treat" these days.