How much a month do you spend feeding Wild Birds?

How Much a month do you spend feeding wild birds?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How Much a month do you spend feeding wild birds?

• £0 I hate wildlife
    • £0 - £3
    • £4 - £6
    • More than £6

For you who who have not seen This Craig s17.

HERE is his photo so you may be able to understand what he's on about.

Viking, I think I can guess what you are doing with your horns in order to get that expression.

I'm suprised the birds stick around to let you feed them!

Viking, I think I can guess what you are doing with your horns in order to get that expression.

I'm suprised the birds stick around to let you feed them!

Craig s16 THIS is my last word to you.

I have someone sensible to talk to.

Sorry, but I stand by what I said. If I could save a child at the expense of a species of bird becoming extinct, then the child wins everytime.

Well, there's certainly no danger of human beings becoming extinct, the way they're breeding....on the other hand, this wonderful planet is all about diversity and the permanent loss of *any* creature is something to be prevented at all costs. However, you don't agree with that. I think you're a short-sighted idiot and you think I'm mad so there you go.

Everyone should feed the birds, it doesn't cost much and it's great to see all the different species that visit, but then I would say that ;)

I spend quite a lot as I buy live worms from the net to make life a bit easier for them feeding the babies, it's great when you get robins feeding off your hands and makes it all worthwhile honest!

Sorry, but I stand by what I said. If I could save a child at the expense of a species of bird becoming extinct, then the child wins everytime.

Well it's lucky then that feeding wild birds costs only a few pounds a month, leaving plenty of scope for people to donate to the children's charity of their choice. The two aren't mutually exclusive, you know.

1. I don't prefer them to become extinct. Where did you invent that little line from?

2. If the trade off was spending money on starving children who have no hope of food, or birds that can fend for themselves then the kids win everytime.

3. Remember, every pound you spend feeding wild animals, is a pound that you could have spent feeding a starving child. Make you feel good does it?

1. fair enough

i share bread off my sandwiches with some sparrows nesting in my loft, doesent really cost but there is the face value of half a slice of bread a day, i dont really have enough money to feed myself and am running into great debt. people can fend for themselves, if they cannot they die so be it survival of the fittest. Somalia is one of the cheapest places in the world for a gun, one could use this to rob murder and gain wealth therefore food. Cannabilism is another option, plenty of food for them.

with nearly 7billion people we could easily lose 6.5 billion and the species could still survive, and probably benefit with the greater availability of resources.

if you argue we have to feed them because they cant feed themselves maybe a cull would be the kindest option "you have to be cruel to be kind".

end of the day im not going to bother to send half a slice of bread a day to the most war torn country in the world its ludicrous.

Viking

(just to bring this thread back to the original subject...)

I live in the City Centre but have a small garden. I have a bird feeder with seeds in and one with fat in, and a bird bath. We get all sorts of birds in the garden and it's been great over the last couple of weeks watching the babies. We had a mother blackbird and 4 babies in the birdbath the other day - she was teaching them to bath in it. It was great to watch!

cool, it's nice when you go walking into the countryside and see birds of prey about

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm wanting to buy some bird seed somewhere you can buy it by weight (as in pick your own), I really want to attract birds into the garden but don't want to buy a massive amonut in case its not a success.

Any ideas?

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm wanting to buy some bird seed somewhere you can buy it by weight (as in pick your own), I really want to attract birds into the garden but don't want to buy a massive amonut in case its not a success.

Any ideas?

I saw some big tubs of wild bird seed, reduced from £10 to £5 in Argos (Angel St) today.

Just the job!

You said in your previous post that birds can fend for themselves, to an extent this is correct, but again, as said before man has destroyed much of the birds habitats and feeding grounds and many would die without additional food that is put out for them and would lead to certain species becoming extinct.

QUOTE]

You are entitled to do as you please . . . . . AND SO ARE WE

People who feed the birds are caring people and are therefore, likely to be helping starving children too but, in any case, what we spend on food for wild life is none of your business.

Actually, you are wrong. They weren't here before me. Their older relatives may have been, but there again, my older relatives were here before them.

Man has been here thousands of years - birds have been here millions of years.

Read up about the Jurassic period, or watch Jurassic Park - many of those fearsome creatures were raptors and raptors are birds

So who was here first?