When your views are not what some posters want to read then what have you been called

In my case, I relish the cut and thrust of forum debate, and enjoy jousting with other vituperative posters. I only draw the line at libellous accusations, for example, when my conservative dislike of 'multiculturalism' and genuine foreboding regarding the future of British 'race-relations' is wrongly labelled 'nazism'. Good, fair opponents in debate who can absorb a 'blow' as well as deliver one are people like rubydazzler, Redrobbo and Disco Cat . I respect and admire witty posters who offer views without fear or favour . That is why I get on so well with Lord C. I cannot abide whingers or whiners, who start 'trouble' and then play the 'victim' card.

Very well said (as usual) Timo. Is it anyone we know, such as someone who has already posted on this thread? :hihi:

Come on chav, admit you have made a mistake by joining a thread about being called names when you are actually one of the worst offenders. I would never complain about what I have been called because I know I have used the odd rude term about other posters. In your case I doubt I have called you anything worse then "pompous". But why do you have the cheek to post on this thread when you have called many people much worse things?

Come on chav, admit you have made a mistake by joining a thread about being called names when you are actually one of the worst offenders. I would never complain about what I have been called because I know I have used the odd rude term about other posters. In your case I doubt I have called you anything worse then "pompous". But why do you have the cheek to post on this thread when you have called many people much worse things?

No, Ken. It is you who have made the mistake. You could cause trouble anywhere, and I imagine that you would even brass off the Dalai Lama, were he unfortunate enough to have an audience with you, your Greatness. Last week you managed to cause ructions on dear Shoeshine's genuinely well-meant thread about the D-Day Anniversary. Now, you excel yourself by trying to provoke Lord C on a thread about name-calling and trouble between posters!

I can't remember being called any names on the forum, I'm sure it must have happened, especially as I get more and more steadfast in defence of my opinions. I have recieved a few abusive PMs though throughtout my close to threee year span here.

My favourite one was th eone telling me to 'go suck my mum'

I've still no idea what that means.

Wilf

No, Ken. It is you who have made the mistake. You could cause trouble anywhere, and I imagine that you would even brass off the Dalai Lama, were he unfortunate enough to have an audience with you, your Greatness. Last week you managed to cause ructions on dear Shoeshine's genuinely well-meant thread about the D-Day Anniversary. Now, you excel yourself by trying to provoke Lord C on a thread about name-calling and trouble between posters!

But I have never suggested I am a victim or complained about what I am being called. I am suggesting that it is a bit much to moan on this thread about what you are called where you are at least as bad as the other people who are calling you things. I wasn't aiming that last remark at you, as you clearly aren't complaining, but rather at your student friend who might stop calling everyone else thick when he leaves college and gets a real job.

i have been called a "goat" and "the son of darkness", i also got a bit of abuse on a thread about fat people wearing revealing clothes, gulp

That's a result to be proud of - a big fat 'well done' from this corner... oh, and 'Hail Satan!'

Archived